Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • trials motorcycles
  • killwillforchips
    Free Member

Do any of you single track world sweeties ride these tiny little motorcycles.

They look like fun, but more as an antidote to winter boredom as a restoration project.

I rode one briefly at DK Motorcycles where i unintentionally wheeled up their loading ramp – scared myself a little but have always fancied rebuilding/riding one.
    So opinions and experience will appreciated.

Pigface
    Free Member

Not currently but have done a fair bit in the past.

If you are looking for a project something like a Bultaco Sherpa or other twinshock would be the obvious place to start. Trials central is a good website.

peath
    Free Member

Good fun… I had a, relatively, modern Beta Rev3. I had to trailer it around and that was a pain, should have got a tow bar mount (or a van!).

Easy to service and maintain lots of trials about most Sundays got stupidly muddy and had a big grin! If I got another it would probably be a twin shock…

Unfortunately I couldn’t commit the time anymore so it went… 🙁

nedrapier

I got one a month or so ago. only had a coupkle of goes out, but loking forward to spending much more time on it. Great fun, and knackering!

I started this a while ago, I got some very useful hints, tips, facts and stories:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/motorcycle-trials

killwillforchips
    Free Member

It does look very physically demading.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

It’s a lot harder than it looks, but great fun!
    Can be cheaper than mountainbiking, and strangely less faff.

totalshell

a lot cheaper than mountain biking in some respects a lot more in others c.

currently have an accumulation of trials bikes representing the best of each era. 1954 james springer 1959 triumph cub 1963 francis barnett 1971 bsa bantam 2012 drayton bantam 1982 fantic 200 1984 honda tlr200 2003 beta rev3

i m told a gentleman can never have too many bikes..

the FB is featured in my blog.. hasnt been updated for a year or so but take a look.. http://pre65trials.blogspot.co.uk/

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

my advice, don’t go there. walk away now whilst you can.

i mean, i asked this…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-under-1k-trials-bike

..and now i’m really jonesing for a bike. worse yet as the annual trial that takes place in the woods below my house was last sunday and yes, i just had to go look.

today though i was really brave, was out and about and saw a lovely looking sherco, all black and grey, outside a house with a big for sale sign on… and i drove past and did not stop.

Pigface
    Free Member

and i drove past and did not stop.

a wise decision haven’t ridden a Sherco I ever liked 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Careful, you could end up like this…..

SSDT 2010 062 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Or this…..

SSDT 2011 090 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Pigface, your real name is obviously not Michael Brown!

Pigface
    Free Member

I have got white Alpine Stars and often found my self sitting in sections 😆 my mates christened me Fatty Lampkin 😳

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘trials motorcycles’ is closed to new replies.