Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • "trendy" London bike stores
  • hilldodger
    Free Member

Heading up for a bit of retail therapy at weekend, hoping to pop into a few bike shops selling something a bit different in the way of clothing/accessories.
    So far thinking of Rapha & Kinoko (ex Tokyo Fixed) – any other suggestions ?

nedrapier

Dont’ forget Kinoko/Tokyo fixed has moved.

There’s Condor as well, and a new MTB store in Soho somewhere. There was something on here about it a short while ago.

chambord
    Free Member

Maybe brick lane bikes?

Not sure what clothing they have but brick lane is “trendy” alright.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Brick Lane Bikes definitely worth a visit too.

chambo – jinx!

theflatboy
    Free Member

Mosquito is also worth a look, mainly to drool over stuff you can’t afford (well, I can’t) and be condescended to… but still… 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

If you use the word ‘trendy’ you will stick out like a sore thumb and they won’t sell you anything

trailofdestruction
    Free Member
    soma_rich
    Free Member

Go to the Brooks shop in 7 dials, no idea if its trendy but they have some lovely stuff in there and the Moulton on display is beautiful.

ottocat
    Free Member

rVelorution have some nice bits and bobs as does Bikefix

MrSmith
    Free Member

Bespoked have a new pop up shop in StJames. its one of these shops with a bell and a bloke in a suit by the door, if you are wearing board shorts and open toed sandals and have wife and kids in tow dont expect to be let in to look at the bling.

kimbers

soho bikes have been good over the phone, well they will be if they get my brakes seals in by midday like they said they would!

Ill report back this evening

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you want to drool over road kit then Condor is great but the best place is Sigma Sports. Unfortunately it’s down in Kingston Upon Thames/Hackney Wick so it’s a train ride from Waterloo. But they carry Seven Cycles, Parlee, Colnago, Pinarello and top end bikes from the other larger brands and they have bikes in the showroom from all of these companies. It’s quite special.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The MTB shop is in Berwick St just behind Wardour St in Soho, about 1mins walk away and well worth popping in IMO.

Rapha on Brewer St for Coffee & Cake/Live Tour every day/eve, Kinoko in Golden Sq (1min walk from Rapha)BLB as noted but thats over east and will take about 15mins by bike to get there, worth it though.
    Bespoked on Farringdon Rd for top end/flagship types, with a shed full of Parlee’s and custom steelies with POC and Assos gear.

HTH

hilldodger
    Free Member

Great suggestions, thanks 🙂
    The word “trendy” is not really in my vocabulary, it was just an eye catcher for the title
    Sigma I know, I ride past most weekends and pop in quite a bit for eye candy

if you are wearing board shorts and open toed sandals and have wife and kids in tow dont expect to be let in to look at the bling.

No, don’t have any of those things so may be OK 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

TBF the Bespoke guys are actually very very relaxed about dress code. Ok it’s a bit of a giggle hangover from the days of ringing the bell on the door at the Farringdon shop but it’s there for a reason, it’s there because in the main there are only two guys in the shop and it runs a clinic downstairs and both guys are often down there.
    Nooowww c’mon, no one would leave a shop open with no one on show when there are possibly 70k’s worth of bikes just sitting on the shop floor with possilby another 80k’s worth down stairs now would they.
    😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

i was taking the piss re Bespoked 🙂 what with the new shop being in St James.
    the candy red translucent Parlee’s are worth a look, the finish is beautiful.
    it actually makes sense to be around there as most gentleman’s needs are catered for, shoes, shirts, suits, watches, hats, cigars, fine wine, cheeses, grooming supplies, guns, fishing tackle etc. bikes were the missing piece of the puzzle.

tomtomthepipersson

Soho bikes are bloody great. Dead helpful when ordering me an obscure part and even had one of their staff bike it over to where I work.

ransos
    Free Member

I assume you’ll be popping into Look Mum No Hands? A fixie and your sister’s jeans are required.

_daveR
    Free Member

Lol @ ransos!

The other requirement is a **** great beard.

Joking aside. There isn’t much of a bike shop in LMNH, more cafe. But the food is very good. I work over the road and have been there a few times.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Well Rapha was a let down, very little stock and coffee a bit meh,
    Kinoko far better, friendly staff and good selection of “other” brands – didn’t have the size I wanted but helpfully pointed me towards Swrve webshop and said “may as well order direct and save yourself another train fare” 🙂
    So just bought a couple of their t-shirts and narrowly avoided the oh so nice Giro lace-ups.
    Wandered in and out of a few “flagship” stores, but nothing of note.
    Soho bikes seems a good place, decent coffee and enough on show to make it worth a stop – hope it makes it.
    Oh, and it seems the latest “look” is Amish beards and heavy rimmed specs, quite disconcerting in conjunction with hipster jeans and bright Hawaiian shirts!
    Damn, I miss London life, makes everywhere else seem slightly beige 😕

MrSmith
    Free Member

Well Rapha was a let down, very little stock and coffee a bit meh,

Don’t they stock all the Rapha range there, what were you expecting castelli and assos?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Yes, I knew Rapha only stock their own kit 😉
    Surprisingly they didn’t have all their lines sizes on show. The kit is as nice as I expected though and at least I know what size I take for future web ordering 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘"trendy" London bike stores’ is closed to new replies.