Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trek warranty and UK contact details.
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

I bought a hybrid Trek bike recently from my LBS, with mechanical disc brakes. Now it wasn’t a cheap bike, around £900. The brakes have continued to bind, it has been back to the LBS twice and they have just phoned me to say they can’t fix it and they need to get in touch with Trek UK.

Now my first question, does anybody have a phone number for Trek UK? I have tried their website but it only gives email details. The LBS are saying it’s not the bike thats faulty, it’s just the brakes!!! I said I would be entitled to a refund as it is faulty. They said I am not entitled to it, they just have to fix the component. Now bearing in mind the bikes almost new and they have already tried to fix it once, I think that gives me grounds for a refund?

Can anybody help? Legally am I entitled to a refund on a faulty product under the sale of goods act? If so what do I do if the shop refuses? Ideally I would like a refund and be able to buy the same bike again from a decent Trek dealer!! I thought Trek were strict in who they let sell their bikes?

Thanks for any help

Jamie
    Free Member

If the LBS replaces the brakes, I fail to see what the issue is?

Oh, and 01908 360 160.

scotroutes

You must let the dealer make “reasonable efforts” to resolve your problem. It sounds like they are taking the correct steps to do so.

You have no contract with Trek UK.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ampthill

I think that they are entitled to offer a repair. I also think that the law would see 2 attempts to fix it as reasonable. But that’s a guess

If you feel you could claim under the sale of goods act then you would take legal steps to recover your cost. the small claims court might be a good option

But I’m sure Trek will sort this out

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trek warranty and UK contact details.’ is closed to new replies.