Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Trek UK – Customer Service and/or Warranty – Public Thank You
  • Tweakie
    Free Member

So, everyone likes a whinge, right? You always hear when something goes wrong…

But what about when something goes right? What do you hear when a company sort you out? Ya’ know, pull the Rabbit out of the hat for you JUST before you’re going away or when you’ve got a weekend booked?

Well, I’ve got to give a shout to the guys at Trek.
    A massive, overwhelming shout for helping me out.

I have a Trek Top Fuel and the chainstay was cracked. I don’t know where or how it cracked but I’m not exactly a featherweight and I managed to crack a stay. I’ve not crashed it but I don’t exactly hang about either. So, I’d cracked a stay.

The frame isn’t exactly this years model either, its done a few seasons….

So I’m expecting to pay for a new chainstay… IF THEY STILL DO THEM.

So I speak to Trek, let them know the problem. Very understanding. As with all big companies, it needs to go through a bike shop, which is fine – everyone has a LBS!

Pictures go off to Trek. Trek say “We can get you a new set of chainstays to your bike shop but they need to come from Holland, so it’ll be a bit of a delay”. Winner, I’m thinking – bike isn’t a garage wall write-off after all. So, chainstay comes off, goes off to Trek… 3 days later, chainstays and bearing kit rock up to replace the old set….

The best bit? Having been honest and said “its a few seasons old, I’m not exactly light, I like to ride it hard” etc, they did it free of charge.

Now, it’s not a warranty – I never once asked for it to be covered by the ‘W’ word. However, if the mark of a company is what they do with customers when something goes wrong, I have to give Trek top marks for sorting me out. I even asked to pay for it. Nope, no charge.

So Trek, if any of your people are reading this, “THANK YOU!”

People are all too keen to whinge when they break something but rarely do people come forward and publicly thank said companies when things are resolved to their benefit.

Trek Warranty and Customer Service, you exceeded all of my hopes and expectations. Thank you.

The moral of the story, BE HONEST with these companies when you fudge something up – chances are they want you to be happy with your bike. Honesty goes a long way and their customer service follows suit.

Tweakie
    Free Member

P.S. No, I don’t work for Trek! 😆

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Great news, and a big thumbs up to Trek and your LBS. 🙂

hatter

Nice work and agree with the ‘being honest’ part, most warranty peeps have heard enough ‘JRA’ stories to see you coming a mile off if you try it on.

burton
    Free Member

Always good to hear … 😉

M6TTF
    Free Member

seat stay snapped on my 7 year old fuel ex. Admittedly, it was a known weak spot by the brake mount, but the replaced the stays, and supplied a new rocker and bearings from an EX9 – all FOC.

brilliant aftermarket service

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Always had great service from Trek aftermarket.

wwaswas

Trekcol on here always seems to try and do right by people.

akira

Honesty always the best policy, it’s my mates bike and he was jra didn’t work so well when you’ve posted the video of coming up short on a set of doubles on the Internet.
    Good job Trek, that’s the kind of thing that makes me by a brand.

mastakillah
    Free Member

This is why I bought a Trek, well two now and looking at the new 29er+ Stache that’s out in June. Lifetime Warrenty on the frame. Great after sales/Customer service. I bought a Gary Fisher hardtail about 5 years ago, had a faulty rear mech (Sram X9) took it back to my LBS. Got a Free upgrade to Sram XO. Can’t say fairer than that.

granny_ring

Good news OP.
    As the bike is a few years old wouldn’t the frame warranty been for quite a few years anyway?

eshershore
    Free Member

I’ve had the same great experiences with Specialized UK

when my Tarmac SL2 road bike developed a crack behind the down tube mounted barrel adjuster, they upgraded me to a Tarmac SL4 frame FOC.

I sent the warranty guys a crate of beer as a thank you!

Tweakie
    Free Member

no, mine was out of warranty.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Trek are excellent.

Specialized seems to be changing- they have a new warranty guy in charge and, well, he’s not as good. Slow and when I got my frame (after around 2 months) it was bodged together to make it the same as the frame it was replacing (they had to fit the suspension linkages and shock off my old frame). The shop weren’t impressed with them and apparently they’d made a number of mistakes around the same time.

amedias
    Free Member

A few years back a friend of mine bought an old-stock Trek Top-Fuel 2008 Carbon jobbie, rode it for a while and then noticed a crack around the main pivot, toddled off back to the LBS.

Trek didn’t have any replacement frames or compatible front ends so upgraded him for free, even ended up with some fancy mental-expensive carbon DT Swiss shock on the new frame as well so was a big upgrade.

So a few weeks later he rode out on a a 2011 Carbon Top Fuel with all the compatible bits from his old frame fitted, new frame courtesy of Trek, and rebuild courtesy of he LBS!

iain65
    Free Member

Interesting, I joined the local road club a couple of years ago that runs out of a Trek shop, I bought a Madone 6 and have seen some of the bikes that have been warranted and replaced FOC and have no interest in buying any other brand now – Trek are really good, consistently.

I also have a SuperFly 9.9 on order through Project 1 that was delayed in delivery. I was keen to have it for the HONC last weekend and when it looked like it would not arrive on time they loaned me a brand new Superfly 9.8SL for the event – great service 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Versus my ex boss who charges customers £90 + postage for replacing warranty frames despite getting a credit from the manufacturers (or worse still, when they’d done the work) to cover the workshop labour 😯
    Needless to say I don’t work there any longer.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Trek UK – Customer Service and/or Warranty – Public Thank You’ is closed to new replies.