Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trek top Fuel Vs Giant Anthem X
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Which ones best?

Looking at the anthem X4 and top fuel 8 as a XC bike for XC, no gnar needed, its just for doing ~30mile loops on relatively smooth singletrack at about 8-10mph on a Saturday morning and probably the simple stuff at swinley (i.e. it wont be flung down jump gulley like the 456 is).

In terms of spec I’m not too interested in the differences as they’re in places I’d upgrade form the spares bin anyway (wheels, brakes, cranks, stem, bars and seatpost, I definately have lighter already)

Is one any different to the other? Fox F100 RL Vs RS Reba?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Post sunday morning ride lunchtime bump 🙂

Just thought I’d mention that I’ve demo’d an anthem-x and loved it, just wondered if the fuel was vastly different seeing as I’ve found both localy for ~£1200. The giant was the cheeper bike initialy by quite some way, but then I wouldnt class the Reba as a lightweight XC fork so for pimp’ed value the ‘cheeper’ bike wins, but the trek probably has more bits I could strip and sell so wins on that count……

mrmo
    Free Member

i have a top fuel 7

i like it, but haven’t ridden the anthem so can’t compare.

vrapan
    Free Member

Rebas are 1650gr, SIDs are 1450, F100 1620gr… Doubt there is any significant difference in the weight.

Have an Anthem and I think it is a pretty amazing bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trek top Fuel Vs Giant Anthem X’ is closed to new replies.