Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Trek Top Fuel – Size advice
  • mattbridge

Looking at buying a Trek Top Fuel. But I fall right in the middle of two sizes recommended by Trek. The 17.5” and 18.5”.

Are there any other Trek Top Fuel riders out there (current geo) and how does the bike feel/measure up compared to other bikes you’ve rode?

I am 172cm tall, with a 72cm saddle height.

My current bike has a 58.5cm TT. With a 2cm layback post and the saddle right back on the rails. So think its a touch small for me. The Trek 17.5” TT is 593. The 18.5” 609. I initially thought the 17.5” would be better, but now thinking 18.5” with a straight seat post and more forward saddle might be better.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

mattbridge

Any Trek Top Fuel riders out there? Would be great to know what size bike you ride and your height?

Just trying to figure this out and any help appreciated. Think I might be leaning towards the 17.5 as its closer to what I have now.

I am 172cm tall. 77cm (30.5″) inseam. 72cm saddle height.

Be great to go and test them both, but none in the country yet and aiming to go travelling with it as soon as it arrives, so a little awkward.

julzm
    Free Member

Not a top fuel but I ride both a 29er Slash and 2017 Remedy. I’m 5’8″ with a 32cm inside leg. The Slash is a 17.5″ (next size up is 19.5″ which would be too big) and the Remedy is 18.5″. The Remedy fits best. The Slash is a good fit but the Remedy just feels like I can move about it a bit more.

Not sure if that helps at all. I’d have had a 18.5″ Slash if it was available.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Can I suggest going to a trek dealer, chatting to them and throwing a leg over a normal fuel, procaliber etc. The geo will be similar and it’ll give you an idea.
    One note of warning if you have plans; I ordered mine last August and didn’t receive it until December!

mattbridge

Cheers guys. Thats helpful.

Yeh the delivery date has already been put back a week. I suspect it won’t be here on the stated time and will be taking my current bike instead. Touch wood though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Trek Top Fuel – Size advice’ is closed to new replies.