Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trek Top Fuel rear triangle
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Any one got one for sale just snapped mine……..GUTTED 👿

AndyPaice
    Free Member

try trek for crash replacement? They’re a big company and should offer a good warranty. what were you doing and where did it snap?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I bought the bike second hand it must be about 3-4 years old. Just doing my usually training loop and razzing down a technical single track with a small jump :oops:, it snapped on the chain stay just behind bottom bracket on the pivot.

Im sure Trek will tell me to bog off!!

wonnyj
    Free Member

I think trek might be helpful, I’ve heard good things.

mrmo
    Free Member

i would be surprised if you got warranty, they might offer a cheap back end though. If you don’t ask…

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I assume all the rear triangles are the same size, and that the front triangle changes the size of the frame overall.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

So no one got one ?, none on flea bay either 🙁

UncleFred
    Free Member

Seriously try Trek, I’ve gone through 3 and they eventually replaced the whole bike.

Always broke at the same point, right hand chain stay just by the cross brace.

trekcol
    Free Member

If the part is available to us (Trek) then we would be more than happily offer a replacement at a charge. Pop into a local Trek dealer, ask them to call us for the replacement price. They will need to I.D. the frame vintage and model to ensure we get the correct part. If you purchased second hand then obviously you have no warranty contract with the Trek dealer- so it will be a chargeable item,

Thanks

Colin- Trek

footstomper
    Free Member

Give Trek a try nothing to lose have you. My liquid 55 cracked on the seat down tube (common problem i believe) took it back and Trek swapped it for a new frame within 3 weeks 😀
    You can always say it was bought for you as a present and your parents have since missplaced the reciept 😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Contacted a local Trek dealer and they have been great, a replacement rear triangle is £ 140.00 and its cracked in exactly the same place Uncle Fred said, Its not too expensive but the bikes on its last legs and I have spent quite a bit on it already so not sure weather to get a replacement or try and get some catch together and buy a complete new bike.

Bit skint at moment though 😉 so looking for a cheap rear triangle thats all, as MTBing is a means of getting a very quick, hard 1.5 hrs of training in when ive had enough of the chain gang/racing etc on’t road.

Trekcol, can you do me a deal on a Top fuel 9 😆

Im from the darkside and currently have a Madone and this is my third one 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trek Top Fuel rear triangle’ is closed to new replies.