Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trek Superfly FS 9.8 29er..real world experiences
  • teamslug
    Free Member

I’m possibly in the market for a new bike and I think above is top of list ( today anyway..Yesterday it was an Ellsworth Evolve Carbon). Anybody got one/rode one. How do they size up?. It will be my first 29er coming from old school 26er’s. Hoping to do more endurance stuff…Mayhem/ 24/12 etc. What does the STW massif think..or any other suggestions. Thanks

dave32
    Free Member

Saw one on ebay today,just been listed, was tempted myself but would def want proof of purchase 1st…2014 9.8 with upgraded mavic wheels for £1495, had a rumblefish and loved it,I would expect its a rocket to ride

rsvktm

Had a sl superfly for over a year now. Very capable bike, race it xc and been known to hammer it round trail centres, no issues with Scotland blacks.Can bob a bit more than like and not sure re the Fox ctd front and rear. It is long, not the most agile bike and the rear tracking can be a bit soft. Sounds like I’m not that bothered for it but it’s very fast for me and just works. However the new top fuel looks interesting but with the new wheel standards not ideal if have a few spare wheels. Great bike for what it’s meant for.

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ve had fs sl for about a year now. It gad a dropper on it when I bought it and I fitted 120mm rebas for a bit more in reserve on rocky stuff. I’d agree the rear end isn’t the stiffest but once you get used to the ride you don’t really notice any problems it is what it is. Where it really shines is as an incredibly fast mile muncher. Its far and a way the quickest bike I’ve ever owned, can’t think of anything better for marathons or quick trail riding.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Bear in mind that for 2016 , which in bike terms means now , it is being replaced by the Top Fuel . FWIW I had a 26″ Top Fuel and loved it and I currently have a Superfly FS as a race bike and also love that .

teamslug
    Free Member

Yes I’d seen the top fuel.Merida also fetching out new version of Ninety-Six which I have now in 26. November release date I think

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trek Superfly FS 9.8 29er..real world experiences’ is closed to new replies.