Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Trek Slash 29 2017
  • hcooper97
    Free Member

Anyone have the new trek Slash, good?

sharkattack

I don’t think they’ve even landed at any dealers yet. (glad to be proven wrong)
    Only a handful of media outlets have ridden it.

It does look mint especially in black. As was said in another thread the other day, they’re still using plastic bottom brackets so factor in a conversion so stop if from squealing.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

It’s all about the red shirley

slowbloke
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2017 Stache 5 but I guess you mean the carbon one?

northerntom
    Free Member

I’ve got a 9.8 on order, couldn’t justify the extra on the 9.9.

It’s not arriving till end of year. A few shops seem to have them, but no demo’s in the UK at all apparently, ever (is what I’ve been told).

Looks amazing and can’t wait.

MSP

I am torn between ordering an s-works enduro or the slash frame, I just can’t decide between them.

flange
    Free Member

If its anything like my Remedy 29er, it’ll be a rocketship. I’ve never ridden anything as quick up, down and along as my Remedy.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

One of my riding friends has one on order, looking forward to having a go on it, suspect it’s way, way too much bike for me, even given the fact I race.

hcooper97
    Free Member

I’m trying to decide, a lot of money for a bike but sure it would be worth it.

Pridds

Large 9.8 for me once i can afford it.

julians
    Free Member

How much is the frame only?

Pridds

£2895 frame only

julians
    Free Member

£3700!!

Scratches trek off Xmas present list

Pridds

That’s was the dollar price sorry. Ninja edit

MSP

The slash 27.5 frame is selling for 3250 euros in Germany, I was expecting the 29er to be the same.

julians
    Free Member

Adds slash back onto Xmas present list,but doesn’t expect to get one

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Wow, nearly £3k for a Trek frame.

Even at trade that’s going to be bonkers money.

hcooper97
    Free Member

I’m thinking the 9.8 as well, can’t justify the 9.9 for my skill level. The stealth look of the 9.8 looks awesome as well.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

It looks like the seat angle is slacker than the head. Treks tend to look that way to me, even though the stats say otherwise. I’d prefer something that has a steeper looking seat.

RickDraper
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ll tell you on Wednesday (weather permitting).

papercutout
    Free Member

Honestly Trailrider Jim? That is one of your requirements for buying a bike? Wow, I’m sincerely glad I’m not that picky. Like the guy the other day who specifically wanted a certain head angle, 1 degree either way wasn’t going to cut it… Bikes feel so, so different, and that 1 thing doesn’t dictate how a bike rides/feels!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Trek Slash 29 2017’ is closed to new replies.