Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trek Remedy vs Giant Reign
  • desmojen
    Free Member

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of these bikes they’d like to share. Looking at getting a new Remedy 8 when they come out shortly, although may be swayed towards a Reign. Has anyone ridden both that could offer any feedback?

Cheers,
    Jen.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

By far and away the Reign – unless you have the cash for a Slash 29 – in which case make sure you have a go on one (said as a Reign owner).

The Reign 2018 will be announced soon as well, word is that it will be roughly the same bike but with the Hails link and a Metric shock.

tomaso
    Free Member

Reign pedals better than you expect, but it is never sprightly. Downhill it is very good.
    Remedy is in my experience a better all rounder and more balanced in its abilities.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Depends what you want from a bike?

The Reign is a big, speed machine. Loves to go fast, not overly playful. Climbs ok.

The new Remedy almost seems a bit of a nothing bike with the Slash & Fuel around, like they have done it to have something as a 650b bike in the lineup. It’s more playful and fun than the Reign, pedals better, but doesn’t feel as fast.

yippeekiyay
    Free Member

I went for the Remedy over the Reign, YT Capra, Kona Process. Coming from a Nukeproof Mega, I didn’t want another bike that just ploughed through everything. It took the fun out of my local trails.
    The Remedy is very playful and agile. It pops off everything and pedals really well but is still a very capable bike. A lot of fun to ride.
    If most of your riding is downhill then the Reign would probably be better suited. But if you ride a varity of trails then the Remedy is perfect.

The cheapest Slash is £4600 so I think the Remedy fills the gap between the Fuel Ex nicely.

Looks like they’ve upped the spec for the 2018 Remedy 8 with a Lyrik, GX Eagle and Guide R brakes.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Meh.

Pop is all about the high speed rebound tune, I can make my Reign really playful if I back the high speed rebound off a bit.

With an X2 Float, where you can tune both the ramp up and the high speed rebound – you should pretty much be able to get any kind of ride feel that you want – you don’t need a super progressive leverage ratio to get it.

northerntom
    Free Member

New remedy get’s a fantastic review on enduro-mtb.com – That would be the bike I would go for.

Pop is all about the high speed rebound tune, I can make my Reign really playful if I back the high speed rebound off a bit.

– is not particularly true. All bikes feel different, you can make a bike feel poppy relative to how it felt when it was not poppy.

Treks have the best suspension I have ever ridden, over a number of different models, tracking, braking, pedaling etc, all extremely good.

yippeekiyay
    Free Member

northerntom +1

That’s not being poppy by design. That’s just being bucked up by a high rebound.

desmojen
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. We have a Remedy 8 on order now, hopefully for delivery next month. For the record, I actually already have a Reign, this bike is for hubby who is moving on from his 2010 Orange Five.
    Much of your feedback is encouraging so fingers crossed he likes it when it turns up!

Jen.

swainy90
    Free Member

I have a remedy 9. Was deciding between yt capra, reign, bird aeris and option for the remedy and must admit very pleased so far feels very capable and pedals uphill very well also

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trek Remedy vs Giant Reign’ is closed to new replies.