• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Trek Remedy DRCV to RP23 boost Conversion
  • gixerator
    Free Member

After struggling to find a sweet spot with the shock on my Remedy I decided to change it. I found to achieve 25% sag I was running 220 psi. This was playing havoc with the rebound and still causing enough bob to feel like I’m riding a fish.

My thoughts were that Trek had tried to create a shock that was as linear as a coil but as low speed sensitive as an air shock but sadly fallen short on both. I know it could be tuned further, but following advise from two suspension experts I was told to replace.

I have converted a Kashima RP23 200x57mm by purchasing a bushing kit for the top (utilising a 70mm M10 Ti flanged bolt washer and Nyloc) and also replacing the bottom bushes with high friction.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff380/gixerator/chainset/RP23_zps0580f0a7.jpg

The bike is a frame build so I didn’t have to change the forks. Before the forks and shock felt disconnected working independently. Now it is a taut weapon up, smooth on the trail and compliant on the down.

A well recommended mod. This can also be converted to coil if you so wish.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Trek Remedy DRCV to RP23 boost Conversion’ is closed to new replies.