Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trek Remedy 29er help
  • chrismac

Hi

Im hoping someone in STW can help. Im thinking of getting a carbon trek remedy 29er but want to make it slacker with an offset headset. Does anyone know if the headset bearings sit directly into the frame or if the headset is a press fit with cups.

thanks for the help

ChrisMac

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

If useful, remember that you can use offset bushings too. I ran them on my older Remedy.

mtbfix

Jamie Darlow at MBR had one as a longtermer last year and I think he ran an angleset and offset bushes. IIRC, that is…

alextemper
    Free Member

Internally in the frame and there is no offset available.

chrismac

Thanks so far. Perhaps the offset can only be used on the metal frame and not the carbon one

alextemper
    Free Member

Correct.

Northwind

Also remember you can only use offset bushings at one end of the shock, they don’t work in the trunion (top) end.

I’m going to stick an angleset in my alu one but have to say, it doesn’t desperately need it. I went from a slacker Trailfox to the Remedy (albeit I went up a size on the remedy) and tbh I find them fairly comparable in overall capability. 67.5 is still reasonably slack for a 29er.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If getting new you might want to consider the 2017 slash.

iain65
    Free Member

I’ve got a friend selling a 17.5″ Remedy 9.8 29 if interested, one year old and hardly used.

chrismac

Northwind I already have a spesh enduro 29er modified to 67 degrees so want slacker but less travel

Frosty – I agree and if I lived in the alps then yes, but as an only bike its too big for the majority of the time. The appeal of the remedy is that 150/140 would be great at home and cope with annual alpine trail adventures but it needs to be slacker

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trek Remedy 29er help’ is closed to new replies.