Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trek Remedy?
  • robidoo
    Free Member

What are they like to ride, I am after a bike that I can ride up and bomb down on.
    Would be used as a Peak, trail centre bike.
    How do they climb etc?
    I was after a used Orange five but they are hard to come by so I am widening my search options.

akira

Got a friend with one and he really likes it, not the fastest climber but you can winch your way up pretty much everything and goes downhill very nicely.
    If you're widening your search have a look at the Lapierre Spicy and the new Spesh Enduro, both lovely bikes.

robidoo
    Free Member

I only have £1500 so I will be looking at second hand bikes.
    I have only ever had single pivot full suss so I am unsure on how the Trek would feel.

nickhart
    Free Member

i've heard good things and three people i know have bought one each for silly knock down prices from a large concern who advertise and get slated on here. sheffield, chesterfield and rotherham………
    they have a really good deal on.

robidoo
    Free Member

Any idea on the weight of a medium?

kneecap
    Free Member

No idea of the weight, but its light enough for everything XC, climbs like a demon and its a hoon downhill. Live in Sheff and can throw it round downhill, Cwmcarm downhill/ Wharncliffe etc. I've only ridden multiple pivots, had a Spesh before. Ridden a 5 and to be honest I am just used to multi pivot so didn't love it as much as mates with Oranges. Its a great bike, I know people bitch about thin tubing etc, but its got a life time warranty so who gives a fig?

goog
    Free Member

I've got a large Remedy 9 it weighs in @ 29lb and if frickin awesome for all day XC mincing !

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yeah, not the lightest but never seems to run out of traction when climbing. Buy it if you're not concerned about niche or boutique, but want an all round mountain bike that works 😛

costello
    Free Member

rocky mountain slayer sxc?or should i say my rocky mountain slayer,pimped out in ltd red white,carbon fibre rear with matching ltd edition white fox 08 36 float,
    crossmax sx,
    xo gearing,
    formula oro bianco,
    easton cnt dh,
    thompson etc etc,£1350.00,

seriously though the new slayers tend to deliver what your after,why not have a look around and see what you can find in the sales,build quality is second to none,i've just done a 3 day coed y brenin stint and the bike seemed to get better and better,plus they come up quite light if you spec it right,3 pos rp23 makes climbs a doddle and coming down is a hoot(p.s i don't work for them)

robidoo
    Free Member

Nice bike goog, I had a peek at your pics on mtb britain.
    I am 5/11 ish with short legs, what size do you all ride?
    I do like my bikes small and chuckable( 16inch soul and curtis sx singlespeed)

Benn
    Free Member

I have had my Remedy 8 for a couple of months now and love it. It replaced a commencal meta 6 which I really didn't get on with, but I love this. I have used it on trail centres for a week in Scotland as well as jumping and playing about at Esher Shore, and it has been great, I definitely recommend it. Mine is slightly heavier than goog's R9 at 32lbs, but the Meta was a lot more than that so I am fine with it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trek Remedy?’ is closed to new replies.