Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trek Procaliber – a bit bouncy!
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Couldn’t resist the chance to swing a leg over a demo Procaliber today. Like the idea of the decoupler but as soon as I hit a piece of slightly rough track I started bouncing around like I was on a pogo-stick. It completely messed up my rhythm.
    Any other experiences of this out there? On the Domane for example?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bit disappointing that. I wonder if it’s like going from a HT to a FS where it always feels like the bike’s broken initially and takes a while to adapt to.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Todally interested in this.

I was planning to buy a Procaliber on C2W at Evans, but they’ve sold out of 19.5″.

I’ve got a Domane with pivotlink whatsit and absolutely love it. It’s so comfortable. Really really good. I’m really keen to buy a ProC as a result.

Shame you didn’t like it. Ho hum

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well I’ve had a good long test ride on a Procaliber and didn’t experience anything like what you say. It just felt rocketship fast to me, I couldn’t feel any movement as such at all. Same as a Domane really.

njee20
    Free Member

It won’t bounce when you’re out of the saddle will it, so I guess it’s only an issue on flatter pedally stuff.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s not an issue full stop IME

mauja
    Free Member

I’ve had my Procaliber for a few months now and haven’t really noticed that.

It does feel different though, maybe a bit like the sensation of going from a super stiff carbon hard tail to a springy steel hardtail. For me it just takes the edges off the bumps rather than bouncing around.

I think the maximum flex you can get out of it is around 10mm so it’s not a massive amount of movement and as soon as you stand up the decoupler does nothing anyway.

It’s not a game changer like Trek marketing would like you to believe but I think there’s something to it. Now I’ve been riding it for a while getting back on a regular carbon hardtail feels harsh so I guess it is partly down to getting used to what you ride.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trek Procaliber – a bit bouncy!’ is closed to new replies.