Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trek Fuel Sizing?
  • heihei

Have been asked to get a full-suss bike for a mate as a surprise present, and think something like a Trek Fuel EX8/9 could be just the ticket. However, sizing seems very long in the TT department. Anyone have ideas as to what size would best fit someone 6'1"??

crotchrocket
    Free Member

the one above a 17.5. 19.5?

markcdo
    Free Member

heihei,
    I've had one and two of my mates now have them. I'd suggest a 19.5" frame – their sizing is well confusing though, i think it's a 18.5 virtual and 19.5 actual.

The 17.5/18.5 will probably be too small – hope this helps.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

They do a 15.5(virtual),17.5(virtual), 18.5(virtual), 19.5(virtual), and 21.5"(virtual). For 6'1" in my experience from working in a Trek dealers i'd guess 19.5", though it's always best to sit on a bike first…

dicky
    Free Member

I'm 6'1" and I've got a 18.5 virtual / 17.5 actual. I'm not sure if I should have got the size above though. The 18.5 virtual has a 24" effective top tube though so it's pretty long, as big or bigger than most other brands 'large' frames. For me it's ok with a 90mm stem, but if I'd gone a size up I'd have been able to comfortably run a shorter stem.

mrben100
    Free Member

Had a fuel ex 8 2009, and ex9 2010 both in 20.5/21.5" (actual/virtual), I'm 6'4" and was perfect sizing for me. Therefore would guess A18.5"/V19.5".

As above though best to sit on and try the sizes first. ❗

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I'm 6'2" and I have a 19.5(v) and it's perfect. Seat is high though so depends how you like em. But 19.5(v) is definately the right size.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trek Fuel Sizing?’ is closed to new replies.