Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • trek fuel ex8 sizing 19.5 virtual for 5'11??
  • dh
    Free Member

Hi

Wondering if anyone has a trek fuel 19.5 virtual for some like me who is 5’11.

Looking at getting one off the classifieds here but it’s a 3 hour drive to test it which isn’t going to happen.

I think the trek sizing means if is 18.5 normal which I think should be ok but ideally if anyone has similar be good to gear from them.

Cheers

Dave

nuke

IMO I’d say you were virtual 18.5″ (Actual 17.5″). They come up pretty long…my brother is the same height as you and is on a vir 18.5″. I’m 5′ 9″ and found the vir 18.5″ a bit stretched.

Best to see if you can get a try on one…any Trek dealers near you with demo bikes?

adilc123
    Free Member

I’m 5,9/10 and ride a 17.5 actual 18.5 virtual with a 70mm stemif that helps. I think a 18.5 actual would be the right size for you.

Adil.

dh
    Free Member

Cheers lads, going to try alpine bikes tomorrow but not sure what size they have.

matther01
    Free Member

Running 17.5 actual with 75mm stem and 711mm bars at 5’9″. Fits and runs like dream…not sure if the 2013 model differs to my 2012 in terms of geo though.

eddyesi
    Free Member

I am just under 6ft and ride a 2010 19.5″ (virtual), and find it spot on, even with a 100mm stem and layback post. Do have a long upper body/arms though, so may not suit you as much, but you can always run shorter stem and straight post. You gain in higher BB clearance too, as its lower than some 5″ bikes.

I did try an 18.5 and did feel good, especially coming from a slightly small hardtail too, but bought mine 2nd hand and was too good a deal to miss. now i have got used to the full suss, the stability downhill and extra room on longer rides of the larger frame overcomes the slight loss of agility on tight singletrack, for me at least.

tonyg2003

Hi 5-10 / 5/11 here and on a 18.5 virtual. A 19.5 might be a bit big.

tomaso
    Free Member

My 6’2″ mate has a 20.5 inch frame and its just right

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and I rode a virtual 18.5″ ex8- as others have said they’re pretty long. I wouldn’t have wanted a bigger frame.

covbuggy
    Free Member

Hi, my brother has a remedy 8 2010 virtual 18.5″ and I have a remedy 9 2012 virtual 19.5″. We are both the same height at 5’8″ ish. I run mine with a 50mm stem and he has a 70mm stem – both are hard to tell apart in terms of reach and stand over. The only difference you notice is approx 1/2″ extra wheelbase on mine.
    I think the frame will be a good fit, you may need to play with the stem and seat position a bit to get the right fit and feel.
    Hope that helps.

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

Just over 5’11” here and I’ve got a 19.5 virtual which fits fine with a slightly shorter stem. But I have longish arms and legs (33′) and I think I’m right at the lower limit for that size of frame. I could just as well have gone with a 18.5

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 10″ and my ’06 Top Fuel at 17″ is small, but my 2010 Fuel EX at 18.5 is perfect…

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 10″ and my ’06 Top Fuel at 17″ is small, but my 2010 Fuel EX at 18.5 is perfect…

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

It is one of the good things about trek; plenty of frame sizes to choose from. None of this small, medium and large nonsense. 🙂

M6TTF
    Free Member

just over 5’11, 33″ inside leg, fairly short body. i ride virtual 19.5 75mm stem. its fine

stevemtb
    Free Member

5’10 and I’ve got a 2012 Remedy 9 in 19.5 virtual. Tested a 2013 Remedy 8 in 18.5 virtual which was spot on but there was only a 19.5 2012 left in the sale. Placed side by side I couldn’t spot any difference in the sizes so I went for the larger one.

Riding it round the red routes at GT and Inners it’s been absolutely spot on but I’m starting to worry that it might feel a bit big to chuck around on Enduro stages. For the Fuel I’d say it will be absolutely fine (unless you’re doing a lot of steep stuff that you’d really want the saddle out of the way).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘trek fuel ex8 sizing 19.5 virtual for 5'11??’ is closed to new replies.