Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trek Domane – any good?
  • lehutch
    Free Member

Been considering getting a road bike, and the trek domane has caught my eye…..some good deals on the 2013 models at the mo…

Any one got one or ridden one?

Quite like the idea of the flexy seat tube to provide a bit of comfort.

Domane 4.5

tomhoward

Very good indeed, super comfy, but still stiff on the climbs, cancellaras bike of choice… where are you based? I know a shop that can do you the ultegra di2 equipped 4.9 2013 for just a bit more. Mail me for details 😉

Kiril
    Free Member

Absolutely agree with Tom above, I went from a cannondale synapse to a Domane, a much better bike; faster, comfy, stiff etc. (mine is a project one…so it’s really light as well) it may not be all about the bike but my domane has made me much faster…..

lehutch
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Was slightly torn between the 4.3 and 4.5…£200 extra for the 4.5, you get ultegra gearing and better wheels, rather than the 105 and botrager ‘approved’ rims on the 4.3

However, Tom…ygm!

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

avoid the wheels on the cheaper one.. the race wheels are much much much betterer, and with a 5 year warranty. It gets proper brakes too.

IanW
    Free Member

Don’t think the name on it matter much.

Does it fit/feel right.
    Does it do what you want, mudguards/ no mudguards et
    Does it look good enough to make you ride it.
    Do you trust who your buying it from.?

If yes then it’s the dogs b’ s

lehutch
    Free Member

I agree Ian

Test ride booked for Saturday 😀

withersea
    Free Member

Tom, I am local to you and looking at new road bikes. I’ll drop you a mail as might be willing to blow my budget on a well priced di2 domane

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trek Domane – any good?’ is closed to new replies.