Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Trek Boone
  • vinnyeh

Anyone ridden/owned one of these? Any thoughts or opinions?
    And, better still, anyone know of anywhere that has any stock?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They are very rare at present dont think they have brought many into the country yet.LBS have a Boone 5 in the shop which looks very smart.Its not been ridden yet but is a member of staffs there.Cheltenham Cycles if you want a look.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden the Boone but gave the Domane which uses the sane Isospeed frame linkage. You don’t notice the seat tube flexing but you do notice the lack of jolts up your back from the road imperfections. What would normally deflect the bike are just absorbed. Don’t expect a magic carpet ride but it does smooth it out a lot.
    The bike still feels very taught and any input at the crank is translated into speed but it doesn’t feel like it as it does it so smoothly. I think it would work well on a cyclocross bike smoothing the ride and not wasting any energy put into the pedalling by absorbing some of the knocks.

mattjevans
    Free Member

I’m looking at ordering one, am told end of April availability

traildog
    Free Member

I would hate to by a Trek, but now Sven is riding one then I just have to get one.

vinnyeh

I’m looking at ordering one, am told end of April availability

5 May is the date I was given. Originally was going to buy a Domane, but now thinking of killing two birds with one stone etc and being able to put the cx and road bikes out pasture. Trouble is, would like the bike sooner, for Honc in early April, and really need it by start of June for a sportive, and these dates have a habit of slipping. Don’t want to have to buy twice.

cookeaa

Hang on are we talking

I’ve not not ridden him and so cannot comment…

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Talking to the LBS they only brought in 10 to start with.As you say 2 bikes in one,just get a set of road tyres.Cx bikes are great fun have a Trek crossrip.Think i might get the Boone 5 when they sell it at the end of the year 😉

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve fingered the one in cheltenham cycles

looks fab, really light, but let down by BB5’s, as good as they are, on a bike that expensive it’s a bit of a let down

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

It came of the wall today and had a couple of little spins outside.Hayes are better but Hay Ho.Should be a nice price at the end of the year nudge nudge wink wink 😆

mrmo
    Free Member

@dobiejessmo, jump in goz’s grave as quick 🙂 has he actually ridden properly it yet?

rOcKeTdOg

he hadn’t on friday when i was in, crying shame,it was longing to get dirty

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Not been ridden properly yet dont blame him.My crossrip got blastered on the last few fire roads on Sunday coming back to pedalway from Symonds Yat.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Always looking to the future MRMO not the past 😆

mattjevans
    Free Member

Old thread ressurection, mines at the shop being built now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Trek Boone’ is closed to new replies.