Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • trek 69er
  • pjt201
    Free Member

anyone got one? would they recommend it?

Thinking about getting a new bike on the cyclescheme and I’m torn between one of these (if a shop will do me a £1000 receipt…) or a road bike…

coogan
    Free Member

Possibly the stupidest looking bike I’ve ever seen personally.

phildowling
    Free Member

Yup had 2 of the singlespeed versions. Love it loads of bikes come and go but always kept this one and gets ridden way more than anything else.

Set up definetly works for me 29er tracks so well and the arse end just follows on. Would recomend going tubeless on the back avoid pinch flats.

gutted i can’t ride mine for a month or so, popped my calf riding it like a knob at bike fest, got to love beasting yourself each lap. 😛 🙄

South Wales based 17.5″ if you wanna go on one

phildowling
    Free Member

@ Coogan

Perhaps you missed Sheldona’s Spork then……;-) 😆

mije

excellent bike – has to be ridden to be appreciated. fast yet also comfy / groovy.

i bought a carver as my girlfriend pinched mine. that’s good too

@ coogan – do you just look at your bikes then?

Dave
    Free Member

coogan – Member

Possibly the stupidest looking bike I’ve ever seen personally.

Just so we can evaluate your valuable opinion, just how many bikes have you seen personally?

speaker2animals

I was tempted by a Fisher Procaliber 29er on our B2W scheme and pay the extra £350 mesen. But then I read the conditions of the scheme and it made me think. Your emplyer owns your bike until (if) they decide to sell it to you after 12 months. At that time they are supposed to sell it at “reasonable” market value. Admittedly not sure how well/if this will get policed but suppose they say – oh look that bike has a RRP of £1300 we want £130 for it (10% apparently being an acceptable value).

I think I am going to go for Boardman Hybrid (Pro or Pro Ltd) look superb value.

As for the 69er – I like em too and would love one of the original SS in Root Beer with the Mav fork.

Napalm
    Free Member

I’m lucky enough to have the original in root beer. The bike rides really well and I ride it regularly. The front wheel rolls over pretty much anything and it accelerates quicker than my 29er (possibly to do with the shorter chain stays?).
    It’s light, but rock solid and pretty durable. No issues to report once the bottom bracket was replaced and the bars were swapped for the Titec Jones copy.
    Very pleased with it.

coogan
    Free Member

Jeez, bit touchy ain’t we? All I said is it looks stupid. Mate of mine hired one when he broke his bike and it looked utterly ridiculous to me. I stress ‘to me’, as in my opinion. Last I knew I was allowed one.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

CARVER……………… ;0)

hillsplease

Eh up.

I sold my 29er and regretted it. A fine bike, very groovy in the original rootbeer.

I bought mine thinking as I rode it home ‘I am a knob. I have bought the nichest of niche bikes for pots of cash and it only has one gear, but it’s pretty.’

Got it set up right – what a pleasure to ride. Tubeless for no additional cost is a fine thing too.

Now looking at another 29er on the Bike to work scheme. It all works for me. Well done Trek.

pjt201
    Free Member

Manchester Trev – Member

CARVER……………… ;0)

Did also cross my mind as an attractive proposition, however can i get one built up (single speed or not) for £1300 notes and get it through cyclescheme?

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

no cycle scheme, sorry……..

pjt201
    Free Member

Well, maybe i’ll upgrade the frame in a couple of years.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘trek 69er’ is closed to new replies.