Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trek 69er
  • richc
    Free Member

So anyone ridden one of these:

http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/mountain_hardtail/69er/69er3x9/

and care to comment on what they think/thought of it. As for some strange reason, I actually quiet like the look of it.

will
    Free Member

What a Penny farthing…Na, not my cup of tea 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i want one!

wwaswas

I think WhatMTb tested one – said it was a fairly unforgiving frame – very harsh.

richc
    Free Member

I will check back issues then, nothing on bikeradar tho.

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Was very tempted with one a few days ago to buy as a second bike/all-rounder – was last years model, but opted for a cyclocross bike instead as this is what I needed. Had a wee spin on it and it felt nice and nimble… like my santa cruz chameleon but with lazy steering due to big wheel.

If I was looking to spend £1200 on an HT it would be top of my list though – it is also really light.

Alpinebikes in scotland are doing good deals on last years bike which is a bit plainer looking, but nicer IMO.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

The WMB review is issue no 91 Jan 2009 and their verdict was – "One of the most uncompromising race bikes we’ve ridden but it’ll rattle you to pieces".

Looks a nice bike though 😮

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have a Carver Ti 96er and it is great.

The big wheel/little wheel doesn’t seem to make much difference until you ride the same trail again with normal 26" wheels and you realise how much smoother the front end rolls. Mine is a fully rigid SS so can’t really add more relevent commentry.

If you are near southampton and want a try, let me know.

miketually
    Free Member

a fairly unforgiving frame – very harsh

Would a bigger rear wheel help with that? 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trek 69er’ is closed to new replies.