• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Xar.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trek 6000 disc, new forks wanted
  • andymountains
    Free Member

Hi all
    I’m brand new on here. Used to do a lot of MTBing but had a break til last year. Back into it big time now & last year bought a hardtail Trek 6000. Not a bad bike, but main gripe is the forks (Suntour xcr lockout) Really not up to the job of my single track hammering, plus I’m a big lad 6ft 2″ & 15 stone.
    Want to swap them for something better. Quite happy to buy second hand. Would like to have a lockout option but not essential.
    Any recommendations? Anyone got any for sale.
    Thanks in advance all.
    Andy

z1ppy

Rockshox Reba’s would be my suggestion: reliable, decent performance, not too heavy, home servicable, lot and lots of options to choose from & comes with pushloc/poploc type lockout/anti-bob system.
    They can be adjusted from 85-100-115mm travel (older models) or 80-100-120mm on the newer ones – so can be tuned to your bikes travel requirements.
    You’ll be looking from £120 upwards for a decent set 2nd hand, older ones lack the (2009[?]) power bugle (nice but not essential), Team’s (pre name change) with the Black box damping cost more… a maxled version 120mm would be nice but isn’t essential.

andymountains
    Free Member

Ive actually been looking at the Reba’s, definitely a sweet fork. Bit pricey though for me at the moment, even second hane they seem to go for over £200.

Xar
    Free Member

I’ve got the 6300 and swapped my Dart’s for Reba’s and it made a big difference and i’m carrying an extra stone over you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trek 6000 disc, new forks wanted’ is closed to new replies.