Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trek 4300 upgrade ideas?
  • conorfff
    Free Member

as it sits now, anybody have any ideas? Groupset upgrades, bash guard ect

rob-jackson
    Free Member

is it worth upgrading?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

is it worth upgrading?

conorfff
    Free Member

It cost £525; im not sure, might save and buy another bike.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

is it worth upgrading?

Stop bring so snobby.

Yes it is. They’re nice bikes.
    ————-
    Knowing that bike well I’d say start with the fork. The contact points are fine. You’ve got hydraulic brakes, half decent wheels and tyres but the fork is heavy, crude, and has no damping adjustment. A used Reba would make a big difference. 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

pp it was a question not a statement

andyl
    Free Member

+1 for forks and looking at Rebas. Great forks.

Also, depending on how you feel on the bike and what you want to do with it, think about wider bars and shorter stem (buy some cheap 2nd hand ones to try).

Tyres and maybe try ghetto tubeless if your rims allow.

If you want a bit more braking then stick a 180mm rotor on the front (and corresponding adapter).

Then think about wheels as you can often pick up a set of good wheels 2nd hand.

mintsauce5
    Free Member

I’m liking the colour , saw a vw scirocco yesterday in a similar colour…….looked niiice 🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

The frame on the 4300 is an excellent frame. As above I’d start with the forks, then probably the wheels.

Stoner
    Free Member

My first MTB bike 12 yrs ago I built around a 4300 frame.
    It was OK, but the change for the good was noticeable when I went to a second hand inbred frame. Classifieds is your friend. I built a nice HT from classifieds parts for about £400 in 2001. I reckon you could do much the same now for little more.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My first MTB bike 12 yrs ago I built around a 4300 frame.
    It was OK, but the change for the good was noticeable when I went to a second hand inbred frame.

Yeah. The inbred fame was heavier and not as well made or developed. I know those rather well too. 🙂

conorfff
    Free Member

So a second hand reba? What price am i looking at? Seen a few on the bay for £150-200. That about right?
    And better tyres

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The frame on the 4300 is an excellent frame.

Is this limited to certain years?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trek 4300 upgrade ideas?’ is closed to new replies.