Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tree surgeon part 2
  • astura
    Free Member

I have enquired to a college about underetaking the appropriate courses to become a tree surgeon, I have decided I want to Do as much research as possible into trees by using books and the Web. So that I learn enough and the course is more of a refresher to what I have learnt.
    So 1st question is, can anyone recommend any good books?
    I have bought myself a logging chainsaw to practice with as I have recently had a tree felled so going to cut up the logs with that, I would like a helmet gloves etc. 2nd question does anybody have any safety clothing they want to get rid of for a complete beginner?

timber

You don’t learn how through books, just practice.
    There are books on fungii, the structure of trees and inspection methods.
    If doing it through a college, see if they have an apprenticeship scheme, otherwise a training provider may be cheaper.
    I work in forestry, but have to contract climbers from time to time and finding ones that understand trees as well as having the skills is rare, plenty of butchers out there. This isn’t supposed to be a woods v arb rant. Seen plenty of rubbish fellers too.

rentachimp
    Free Member

I was a tree surgeon for 5 years; have you discovered the arbtalk forum yet? I found that invaluable. Google it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tree surgeon part 2’ is closed to new replies.