Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tree sap on car
  • marcus
    Free Member

Any suggestions for removing tree sap, using stuff I might have im the garage other than buying some special potion. I ve tried car shampoo and hot water and it won’t touch it. Scraped off what I can with my finger nail but it seems to be welded on. Thanks in anticipation

nickewen
    Free Member

Bit of WD40 on the paintwork should do the trick. Spray on.. Leave for a minute or two. Wipe off. Wash with shampoo. Make sure you wax afterwards tho as the WD will strip off any protection that’s already on there. I’ve never tried it on tree sap but works a treat on tar and I’ve done it several times on various cars.

neilpass
    Free Member

White spirit should shift it, but as above wax it afterwards

toppers3933
    Free Member

We always used to have to use white spirit. Then wax to repair the paint work. Probably not the best thing but it worked and never seemed to have any adverse effects.

garage-dweller

Tried a bugshifter pad?

sparkerfix

Clay bar?

hudders
    Free Member

Degreaser or better still Disc cleaner sprayed onto the sap and a rag does the trick.

Speshpaul

Its not sap, it’s insect poo.
    But all of the above.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Another vote for clay bar. The wife used to park under a tree and the sap was near on impossible to remove until I descoverd clay bar. Not exactly something you have lying around the garage though but well worth buying a kit.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Clay bar or clay mitt. Halfords do a clay mitt (farcla) used it with Autoglym rapid detailer on my mums car.
    Wash as normal keep wet, use the clay bar/mitt with the Rapid detailer. Wash or rinse the car again and then wax.
    Polish and then wax if you want.

beej

Friend of mine’s wife used a brillo pad. His reaction when he noticed was priceless. We’d just flown back from somewhere and it spotted it as we approached the car in the long term parking. It was down to the metal in places.

GrahamS

I use one of those mesh-covered bug sponges.

And plenty of piping hot water + shampoo.

pocketrocket
    Free Member

Isopropanol alcohol works a treat.

njee20
    Free Member

We’d just flown back from somewhere and it spotted it as we approached the car in the long term parking. It was down to the metal in places.

She’d gone to the car park to **** the car up? 😕

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tree sap on car’ is closed to new replies.