Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Tredz..what a shower of twunts.
  • tymbian
    Free Member

Tymbian jr. Paid for (finance). Phoned store within the hour of agreement to change model of bike.
    Model showing as in stock. After agreement signed they say has to be ordered be a couple of days. This was on the Mon 27th. Was told call on Friday.. on friday told should be in the Wednesday or end of week at latest. Fri told delivery to warehouse this tues. Getting ready to drive down today. B&b booked for tonight by bmcc. Today they’re saying earliest availability next Tues.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I got a ban for saying that word once upon a time. 😉

Anyway, it would seem that the number of complaints about Tredz is rising. The new DH?

tomhoward

P-Jay
    Free Member

Given just how often it happens – there really should be a sticky about Tredz and their warehouse “errors”.

But.. is anyone brave enough to make it that ‘official’?

tymbian
    Free Member

If I’d known I could of advised my son to go elsewhere.
    When asking if we can pick the bike up in its box without it being built up we got the response of it voiding any warranty on the bike.

sheepshifter
    Free Member

What bike you waiting for ? some suppliers to the trade can fall very short to the mark , blame often falls upon the retailer.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’ve used them a few times & always found them to be very helpful.

FWIW if something isn’t in stock on their website I ring them up to find out what the scope is- though that doesn’t sound applicable in this case.

P-Jay
    Free Member

tymbian – Member

If I’d known I could of advised my son to go elsewhere.
    When asking if we can pick the bike up in its box without it being built up we got the response of it voiding any warranty on the bike.

Based on previous form, they’re probably lying to you, they don’t have the bike yet, it will almost certainly not turn up “end of next week latest” either.

Every few weeks / months someone posts about Tredz sending them an e-mail to say “sorry, turns out we’ve miscounted the stock levels and we don’t have the thing we said we had, sorry, we’ll send it soon” and a lot of others pile in to say “they said that to me” of course, it’s forgotten about for a while until the next one.

Either their staff are robbing them blind left, right and centre (they ARE based in Swansea I think) or their stock control system is very badly broken or dare I say it… they’re offering items for sale for next day delivery, that they don’t have to sell.

To add insult to injury, if you do pay extra for faster postage – they don’t refund it, it turns up 3 weeks later – the day after it arrived in their warehouse.

Rubber_Buccaneer

some suppliers to the trade can fall very short to the mark , blame often falls upon the retailer.

Well yes but

Model showing as in stock. After agreement signed they say has to be ordered

puts the blame firmly on Tredz and it’s far from an isolated case with Tredz

monkeyboyjc

FWIW if something isn’t in stock on their website

everything is always shown as Instock / avaliable with in the Web site, that’s the issue. So when they can’t get hold of an item after you pay (specifically on finance) it causes massive issues. They can issue a refund – but just give an alternative product when it’s on finance.
    Thing is, they undercut alot of the online competition, even if it’s not in their Warehouse and can just get hold of it from the distributor. The Tredz website isn’t kept upto date with distribution issues (the distributor themselves may not have it in stock).

sheepshifter
    Free Member

Let’s all start back to rocking up at the Lbs and supporting them , when internet goes wrong it is a ballache.

AlexSimon

I think they link directly to the databases of their various suppliers.
    ‘In stock’ means in stock with their supplier.
    If the supplier is wrong, then they are in trouble.

Very poor practice and everything I order always takes longer than normal. I’ve put them in my ‘if I don’t need it soon and they’re the only place selling’ category 🙂

tymbian
    Free Member

To make mattets worse today he me that it said ‘not in stock, expected delivery 10-12 days’ and that we changed the model 2 days after ordering. Both are lies.

sheepshifter
    Free Member

Strong believer that you should only sell ( take payment) of product that is in your hand at the time of the transaction. Occasionally in my work place we can keep a client waiting 2-3 weeks for any one item , me personally I would demand a refund

TheGingerOne

I ordered some Scott shoes from them the other week. After ordering recieved an email stating they were not in stock and had to be ordered from their supplier. They did turn up in a reasonable time and their communication was good, however, I will not be ordering from them in the future due to this.

My expectation as a customer, as it is with any website, is that if I am able to order an item on line with no mention of it not being in stock, then I expect it to be in stock!

sheepshifter
    Free Member

Scott as no Uk stock it all comes over from Belgium via a weekly truck to Northumberland then shipped out to retailers then on to customers, all a bit slow and antiquated in my opinion.

Sandwich

On finance you say? I would get the finance company to ask some pointed questions about mis-representation and possibly fraud. After all tymbian jr is paying interest on something that he has not received yet and is unlikely to for a week or more.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

that it said ‘not in stock, expected delivery 10-12 days’ and that we changed the model 2 days after ordering. Both are lies.

Then go somewhere else more respectable.

chakaping
    Free Member

Can he cancel?

I don’t want to make you feel worse, but their pre-sales service is nothing compared to what he’ll experience if he should need to make a warranty claim.

Most shifty, feckless and uninterested bunch of **** I’ve ever had the misfortune to buy bike stuff from. And I purchased something from Mark Anthony once.

devash
    Free Member

I’ve heard that a lot of their stock issues comes from the algorithms they use on their website in order to get a higher placement on Google Shopping searches which in turn drives traffic to their site, regardless of whether they actually have the stock or not.

Myself and my riding buddies stopped using them years ago after due to the fact that they never really had half the advertised stock in, but where quick to take payment anyhow.

I don’t want to make you feel worse, but their pre-sales service is nothing compared to what he’ll experience if he should need to make a warranty claim.

This as well. It took me 6 months to sort a warranty claim on the rear wheel that came fitted to a bike I bought from them. Specialized customer services told me that Tredz didn’t even file the warranty claim with them until 4 months after I’d returned the wheel.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Cancel the whole order and shop elsewhere? Buying a bike on finance 😯

Either way as I keep maintaining shop with the smaller independent business who give a monkeys about their customer, don’t over promise and will deliver.

milky1980
    Free Member

Agree with the title, their Cardiff store is 2 mins away from work and open late so should be really handy for me but I’ve been fobbed off with stuff not being there or they’ll get it from Swansea for the next day too many times that I don’t bother even asking them anymore. Worst was asking for a pair of shorts for my upcoming biking holiday two weeks in advance and they assured me they’d get a second pair for me from Swansea in a day or two. Went in 3 days later and they still weren’t there. Gave up after a week so got a refund in-store. 4 MONTHS[/i] later I got a phone call to say they’d arrived 😕

If I can’t make it to my favourite LBS I use Evans in town for emergency stuff as they are spot-on for click & collect, between them and the LBS it’s very rare I have to resort to CRC etc for much these days.

julians
    Free Member

Just wanted to add that i have experienced the same from them, advertising (or at least implying) stuff as in stock,but when you place the order you get the email advising it will be a few days as its not available.

They are an outfit to avoid IMO

Bez

In the interests of balance, the dealings I’ve had with them in the past have been pleasant enough, including returns, but I’ve certainly hit the “in stock doesn’t mean in stock” issue multiple times and that’s something that pretty reliably causes me not to use a retailer, so I haven’t shopped there for ages.

tymbian
    Free Member

Im wondering whether Junior would be hit with restocking fees of some sort if he cancelled…
    cancelling the order and trying a different store, applying for or by a different credit company might not be good for his credit score or he might even be refused which most definitely wont work in his favour.

DezB
    Free Member

I’d like to add further balance in their favour. Very happy in my dealings with em and would buy another bike from the veritable ahem, twunts.

acidchunks

Im wondering whether Junior would be hit with restocking fees of some sort if he cancelled…
    cancelling the order and trying a different store, applying for or by a different credit company might not be good for his credit score or he might even be refused which most definitely wont work in his favour.

cancelling should be easy and as its a credit agreement if they try anything on you can ultimately take it up with FCA.

Provided your son didn’t apply for credit all over the place before Tredz he should be fine to apply elsewhere without damaging his credit score. Two checks in a short space of time is relatively normal behaviour if you were shopping around for a loan.

As for restocking fees it says nowt on their website but check any forms he might have signed.

poah
    Free Member

Distance selling regulations would cover that for a refund.

Poopscoop

I’m the op in that link.

Few days ago I was looking for a particular tyre. Can’t even remember what is was.

Everywhere was out of stock. Everywhere.

Except one place that supposedly had them in, guess which retailer?…

ferrals
    Free Member

Not a wild fan myself, its not just stock levels, their mechanics are highly variable, some are good but a couple are awful: once I took back some new brakes that had suddenly failed, going from perfect to nothing in the space of seconds on a flatish fireroad. Took them back for a warranty repair to be told by the mechanic I just needed to get them to bleed them for me. Took several attempts before he finally agreed to look at the seals. To be fair to them, that time they did warrenty it quickly. Another time they were switching a headset for me, picked up bike without looking, was driving home when I got a call saying they’d forgotten to put the top cap on 😕

comfyman
    Free Member

hit with restocking fees

Cost to restock something that isn’t in stock?

That would be an interesting conversation.

JackHammer

Worked for them a few years ago. Piss-up and brewery come to mind.

chakaping
    Free Member

That was the impression I got trying to warranty stuff with them.

Also that nobody cared.

mark d
    Free Member

I purchased a brand new set of Fox Forks off them a number of years ago; showing in stock.
    Number of weeks and several calls later the forks finally arrived.
    Scratches on the decals and chipped paint on the dropouts, steerer had been cut.
    Clearly off a demo bike.
    So difficult to deal with. Life is too short.

tymbian
    Free Member

So after being told that its probably come into the warehouse tuesday late that’s why it’s not showing. Called wed..yup be in later today so build up Thursday ready for shopping Tuesday, really sorry. Phone today to make sure its getting built up ready for Tuesday delivery get told its arriving monday after next and it’ll be delivered last thursday of month..ffs. p*ss-up/brewery springs to mind. We have now chosen one of their bikes that they have in stock..delivery Tuesday..watch this space.

burton
    Free Member

I normally contact them now days if I’m buying something to make sure they have it in stock .
    If you’re not happy phone the finance company up and get them to cancel the agreement as they don’t have the item in stock , I’ve done that a few times as well ..

Didn’t they used to be known as M&P Cycles back in the day?

chestrockwell

Ordered a Thule Wing Bar and leg set yesterday from Tredz with standard postage and they turned up today.

They were also the cheapest I could find, and that was before a 10% discount code.

Can’t complain about that to be fair.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Tredz..what a shower of twunts.’ is closed to new replies.