• This topic has 40 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cazum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Tredz.co.uk and Cube hpa fritzz 650b 160 warranty experience
  • cazum
    Free Member

Hey guys

so back in may i was looking for an enduro type bike. had a look around and the cube hpa 160 650b seemed to fit the bill!! so started looking at suppliers! Tredz showed they had it in stock and available for next day delivery. so i placed my order …. no bike next day…. i emailed them and found out the bike was out of stock and they had to order it from holland….. not a great start as they showed it IN STOCK but hey ho so i had to wait almost a week to get the bike! once i received it i checked it over everything looked ok .

due to work, other commitments and a holiday to morzine with the DH rig (it was almost a wash out 🙁 ) i didn’t get a chance to ride the bike till the 1st of 1st weekend in aug! when me and a group of mates headed up to golspie for the weekend and to hit the glenlivit trails on the way back… about a 400 mile round trip and 2 nights in a B&B

so sat the 2nd we set off from our B&B at golspie and started the climb to the top. i was about 15mins from the top of golspie (FURTHEST POINT POSSIBLE AWAY FROM ANYWHERE!) when the bike felt funny! i stopped got off and checked the bike and found that the drive side lower swing arm pivot bolt was loose…. so i managed to stip the cranks with only 2 multi tools quite hard and found that the pivot bolt had actually sheared/stripped so i had to walk down the hill and take it to the local bike shop (about 5miles walk) they looked at it and refused to touch it saying it might invalidate my warranty. so i walked the other mile back to the B&B and that was my weekend DONE out of pocket to the sum of atleast £140 all for nothing

i contacted Tredz who asked for the bike back to assess it, due to work i couldn’t send it back till the 11th (they arranged the pickup)… so i heard nothing back till i messaged them on the thursday 14th then they said that they had contacted cube.nl to make a warranty claim on the bike for a new pivot bolt! and it could take 2 weeks …. for them to get the pivot bolt! i messaged them and said that was not acceptable for a bolt to take 2 weeks, this is the reply i got

“”””
    I’m afraid there is a warranty process with Cube as with all companies and this is something we have to follow and it’s not simply sending out a bolt.

We have to submit an online form with Cube in the Netherlands and send photographs of the whole bike, the fault, the serial number and proof of purchase.

This is then dealt with in turn as Cube Netherlands deal with the whole of europe. They in turn submit this to Cube HQ in Germany.
    The pictures are analyized by the mechanics, new parts auth, picked and sent to the Netherlands. This in its self can take a week.

As soon as the part arrives in the Netherlands, its checked, allocated and dispatched to the UK dealer.

Yes, it’s frustrating, i totally understand that but as i’ve said we have a process to follow.
    Trust me, we are on it.

“””””

i again stated i wasn’t happy and i would be contacting cube. 3 times and 2 different emails to CUBE and NO reply not one!

anyway i still hadn’t heard from tredz by the 19th so i emailed them again and the reply i got was on the 21st.

“””””

We have heard from Cube, and they are sending us a new bolt/bearing kit, so that we can repair your bike, this should take a week or so, as soon as it gets here we will contact you to arrange delivery.

Apologies for the delay and for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Tredz

“”””””

so i left it till thursday the 28th tredz hadn’t contacted me so i emailed them again this time stating that if i didn’t hear soon when i will get my bike back i would like my money back under the sale of goods act.

next reply

“”””
    I’ve spoken to Cube Holland this morning, the Pivot Bolt was sent out from Cube Holland on the 26th so i’m expecting this very shortly if not today.
    I’ll update you as soon i receive it and of course i’ll have it fitted same day.
    “””””

so they stated cube would send one out on the 21st but it wasn’t posted till the 26th

so here i am another weekend no bike no confirmed date on when i will get it back

am i being unreasonable? i thing this is a shocking state that it takes 3 weeks to replace a bolt! (prob cost less than £5) in my work we buy the parts that are required for warranty replacement and then the manufacturer then credits us on them!

just a review/warning about their warranty claims service!

chakaping
    Free Member

anyway i still hadn’t heard from tredz … so i emailed them again

This sums up the “customer service” I received from Wheelies (same company) on a warranty claim.

Completely unable to show any initiative, shockingly bad comms, basically “you can **** off now we’ve got your (insurance company’s) money”.

warpcow
    Free Member

Cube are like that it seems. Mate of mine just went to a local hardware store when a bolt (sounds like the same one), sheared on his Fritzz. The store he got it from had no end of trouble getting in touch with Cube, though they did offer to sell him the kit that would include the correct bolt, for about £80.

cazum
    Free Member

@warpcow

that would worry me seeing as that would be the 3rd time i have heard of it!, the guy in the shop in golspie said he seen one the exact same about a month before mine!…..

would you ask your mate? it was the Blue anodised drive side pivot bolt thats behind the crank! it looked like a custom spaced job to seat the bearing on!

cazum
    Free Member

@chankaping

yeah not offer to take one off a bike the had in stock, no offer to buy one and then claim that back themselves from cube!

to be perfectly honest its put me off EVER buying another CUBE or buying from tredz!

ajantom

Blue anodised drive side pivot bolt

So it’s an aluminium bolt? See if you can get a stainless steel replacement, as alu will probably keep stripping.
    If it’s not a standard bolt a decent machinist should be able to make you up one.

Also, Tredz/Wheelies are a shower of twunts. See many previous threads to this effect.

m360
    Free Member

In fairness to Tredz, I have to deal with warranty claims and manufacturers on a regular basis, and we quote 3-4 weeks to be safe. Often it’s quicker, but once the distributor or manufacturer gets the product they do tend to take forever. As it was three months after purchase the supplier is entitled to offer a repair rather than a refund, and that’s what they are doing.

Of course, not keeping the customer informed along the way isn’t great, but I don’t believe that Tredz are to blame in this case.

For the sort of service that has been suggested above (i.e. – take a bolt from another bike), you’d need to use a local bike shop, and even then, I doubt many would want to have a new bike sat there waiting for a pivot bolt for 3 weeks.

cazum
    Free Member

TBH ajantom

i dont like the design of that bolt for one second! its only held on by about 5 ot 6 threads into the frame! i would have preferred it was a full length bolt that bolted right through the frame and was only had a retaining bolt on one side instead of 2 individual threaded bolts at each side….

cazum
    Free Member

@m360 but happy enough to leave the customer like that for 3 weeks…?

while i understand it may not be all tredz fault my warranty claim is with them.

as i mentioned before in work access control and automation when we have a warranty issue that will inconvenience the customer the manufacturer will ask that we buy the part then they will credit us back (normally before the money has even been taken) that way we can have most things fixed within a day or so! instead of leaving the customer for WEEKS!

bonchance
    Free Member

Can you just reject the bike under SOGA i.e. not fit for purpose or of merchantable quality – All this talk about warranty is with Cube and ‘it’s out of our hands’ is pish.

You only have a contract with Treds, Cube are nobody to you.

Tredz problem if you choose to do that (kind of justice). They have to prove it is ok – not you!

After all it;s not like they gave a stuff about you or took any steps at all to get you sorted or offered any goodwill -at all!

Good luck!

devash
    Free Member

To be honest I think you’ve done really well.

Cube are known to be a bit slow with warranty stuff so the timescale doesn’t seem out of the ordinary.

I needed to warranty a rear hub on a Specialized bike I bought from Tredz last year. Specialized are really awesome with warranty stuff so it should have taken no more than two weeks but the hassle I had with Tredz was unbelievable. It took over 4 months to get sorted including over 15 phone calls to them over that time period, all to get a wonky freehub replaced. After the first month the lack of ride time was killing me so I caved in and just bought a new wheelset.

Count your blessings that Tredz warranty department seems to have got its proverbial poop together and things are moving a lot faster for you.

ajantom

TBH ajantom

i dont like the design of that bolt for one second! its only held on by about 5 ot 6 threads into the frame! i would have preferred it was a full length bolt that bolted right through the frame and was only had a retaining bolt on one side instead of 2 individual threaded bolts at each side….

Generally it only needs about 4 threads of engagement for full strength (though in the case of a ‘blind hole like this the bottom 1-2 threads don’t really count). A good rule of thumb is that the bolt should be engaged for a least the same distance as its diameter.
    However, a lot is also down to the type/quality of aluminium used, the length of the bolt protruding and the stresses placed on it.

colin27
    Free Member

Be thankful you didn’t buy a Lapierre. Hotlines seem okay, but the French, well…don’t hold your breath.
    In my experience, if you want a good warranty service, buy from a brand that represents itself in this country e.g. Specialized, Scott, Trek, etc, not through a distributor. You know, the brands that don’t appear as good value for money!

bikeneil
    Free Member

JUST BUY FROM A LOCAL BIKE SHOP! Then you can simply walk in to sort any issues out.

cazum
    Free Member

nobody local was selling what i WANTED OR I WOULD HAVE!!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

JUST BUY FROM A LOCAL BIKE SHOP! Then you can simply walk in to sort any issues out.

Ok. Who had ‘should have gone to your LBS’ before page 2?

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Warranty problem on a forklift at work(German company)send the bit back over night have reply next day by email and bit in my hand day after that everytime no problems

It’s not difficult bike firms just haven’t quite caught up yet

cazum
    Free Member

so thought i would give you’s an update!

i FINALLY got the bike back after 4 weeks!. started to check over the bike i removed the “new” bolt they fitted (which took 3weeks to arrive from germany) to find that the tredz mechanics had just forced the new screw in! upon removing it i could see that the threads of the “new” bolt were clearly damaged which lead me to believe that the frame threads are damaged!

i contacted tredz again about this highlighting to them that i had CLEARLY asked for the frame threads to be checked when the bike had originally gone back! and that i now wasn’t happy at all! i wasn’t prepared to wait on a new frame or such!. i wanted a full refund!

tredz arranged for the bike to be picked up friday the 12th sep. by tuesday i hadn’t heard from them, emailed them no reply….. phoned then… “ah sorry steve is off today erm… can i take your number and i will get him to call you back tomorrow” so i did and by 3pm i still hadn’t had a phonecall…. phoned up again finally got “steve” he said sorry about this yeah i will process the refund now and i will email you confirmation in the next hour. So waited on thursday for a reply no reply! phoned again thursday at about 4pm… told ah “steve” is on another call sorry your refund hasn’t been processed yet i will get him to call you! in the next 30mins…. so FRIDAY still no call emailed again no reply! called at 4pm friday got a woman who was saying sorry about this i will get this processed now and will either call or email you confirmation… still no refund by today (sat morning) so i phoned AGAIN got another person “sorry its not been done i will get this handled today and call you back”

i will update further but i am hoping that this highlights their poor customer service and informs people about thinking of buying from them!.

Rorschach
    Free Member

6/10…Not enough capitals but made up for by the incessant whiney tone.

Jamie
    Free Member

Goddamit, Steve!

tomhoward

Op, you sound like a delight.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You should have asked for Alan.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXqkNF8fgs8[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

I know wanting a fully functioning working bike that is not damaged and wanting them to do as they say

wwaswas

I can’t see that the op had done much wrong other than not be fond of waiting for call backs that never happen.

Jamie
    Free Member

Op, you sound like a delight.

Not sure he’s done much wrong, Tom.

Unlike that Steve fella!

*shakes fist*

mikey3
    Free Member

So this is one of those threads where the op gets the piss taken for trying to stand up for himself when the bike he bought goes wrong,nice.

cazum
    Free Member

excuse me guys but i haven’t done anything wrong here i am simply letting people know whats happening and how tredz deal with customers.

i bought a brand new bike in good faith! the bike was used for about 1hr and it was faulty! the ongoing problem could have been fixed by thme checking over the bike properly when it first went back a simple 2 second job and i would have accepted a new bike/frame!

if anyone wants to “moan” about this thread tell me what i have done wrong!?

anyway!

finally got a phonecall back

they are now waiting on cube crediting them on the bike before issuing a refund!… to which i asked the question…. why do i need to wait on cube my contract was with tredz not cube! (am i in the wrong there?) so now i have to wait again

oh BTW not one bit of the above information was passed to me on the wedensday he said he would refund it within the hour! a simple phonecall or email to keep me informed???

meanwhile i have been without a bike for almost 2 months! yet that must be my fault!

chakaping
    Free Member

I hope people take notice of your experience OP and think carefully before buying from this feckless, lying bunch of ballbags.

Tomhoward will probably lend you one of his bikes in the meantime, he seems like a nice guy.

Junkyard
    Free Member

hey are now waiting on cube crediting them on the bike before issuing a refund!… to which i asked the question…. why do i need to wait on cube my contract was with tredz not cube! (am i in the wrong there?) so now i have to wait again

No you are correct it is their issue with Cube not yours – they need to reimburse you END OF NO DEBATE.

It is clear they are fobbing you off over and over again

Speshpaul

What a pile of feckless billshutters.
    Ring them back tell them you are on your way and as tomhoward would put it you are going to be a delight in their shop on a Saturday afternoon until you get your money back.

takisawa2

I sometimes have to authorise warranty calls on our products at work, & for the sake of a few £’s I’ll often cost the bits to my budget & post the parts straight out. Customers appreciate it, but we can be talking a production line or £300k truck being out of action here, as opposed to some poor chap with a bike.

Hope it gets sorted chap. 😐

project
    Free Member

Walk into shop and talk to every customer intrested what has happened so far, youll either get asked to leave, or police called, or your money back.

2 weeks ago looking at road bikes,and Cube came to mind to buy, manager said i wouldnt buy one of those and he sold them, further questions elicited the words waranty problems.

breninbeener

If I had spent my hard earnt cash on a new bike from a ‘proper’ retailer I would be furious with this level of customer care. Shame on them, and those who have criticised the OP.

cazum
    Free Member

i will give them till monday 3pm to sort it! before phoning again dont want to sound like “a delight” to deal with!

if i was anywhere near one of there shops i would have went in!…

i thought i was in the right with regards to my issues being with them and not cube!

wwaswas

Your contract is with Tredz. Stick to your guns and don’t wait until 3pm – I’d phone at 9am and stay on the phone until they’ve done the refund.

stevied
    Free Member

Sounds like a right shower of sh*t. I’d be posting comments on here if it were me : https://www.facebook.com/Tredzbikeshop

and I think tomhoward must work for Tredz..

cazum
    Free Member

well finally got a refund today and a voucher for the hassle!

not that i am overly keen to use them again might just buy accessories!

tomhoward

All’s well that ends well eh?

😉

cazum
    Free Member

not really still need to wait upto 3 days to get it in my account…. funny they take it quick enough…

devash
    Free Member

tredz arranged for the bike to be picked up friday the 12th sep. by tuesday i hadn’t heard from them, emailed them no reply….. phoned then… “ah sorry steve is off today erm… can i take your number and i will get him to call you back tomorrow” so i did and by 3pm i still hadn’t had a phonecall…. phoned up again finally got “steve” he said sorry about this yeah i will process the refund now and i will email you confirmation in the next hour. So waited on thursday for a reply no reply! phoned again thursday at about 4pm… told ah “steve” is on another call sorry your refund hasn’t been processed yet i will get him to call you! in the next 30mins…. so FRIDAY still no call emailed again no reply! called at 4pm friday got a woman who was saying sorry about this i will get this processed now and will either call or email you confirmation… still no refund by today (sat morning) so i phoned AGAIN got another person “sorry its not been done i will get this handled today and call you back”

This was exactly what they did with me, but it went on for months.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Tredz.co.uk and Cube hpa fritzz 650b 160 warranty experience’ is closed to new replies.