Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Trawsfynydd Holiday Village
  • asterix
    Free Member

Does anyone here have experience of staying in (or owning) a cabin at the Trawsfynydd Holiday Village? how is it? is it a good place for mountain bikers?

catfood
    Free Member

Functional is how I would put it. Bedrooms are miniscule, all very basic but it has a little shop, a laundry and a ten minute walk to an OK pub.
    If you are just looking for a base then OK.

Diane
    Free Member

It’s near the trails 😀

stumpy01

If you are looking to stay in Trawsfynydd, have you looked at the hostel? Llys Edowain? It’s basic but comfortable.

edoverheels
    Free Member

Stayed in the bunkhouse for two nights in September.
    Really good, simple accommodation and huge for 10 of us. Right next to the pub that was also good and so could stagger back and pass out.
    Would recommend it and go again

Jerome
    Free Member

we have stayed there a few times. Good enough for a weekend,and the only place that could deal with all of us..Local pub is pretty good.

julians
    Free Member

stayed there quite a few times.

It is basic, but does the job, the pub is decent and its close to the trails.

Will go back again no doubt.

alexonabike

I like the place, but mainly for its proximity to CyB. Its great with a few mates and a crate of beers and perfect for night rides around the trails.

wallop

It’s a pretty good location with CyB, Antur Festiniog and Penmachno on the doorstep, and that’s just the manmade stuff!

jimbo9
    Free Member

Stayed there many times for a week and weekends. Cabins are spartan (GF didn’t like it) but for a CYB base you can’t go wrong. You can also ride in to CYB missing out the main road too. As others have said bunkhouse is good value and big, plus pub opposite does hearty food. Penmachno is only 45 mins away too

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Never stayed in the bunk house, but have stayed in one of the cabins. Small, and a bit old-fashioned, but comfortable enough. I would imagine the bunk house might be a bit more fun if you’re young, and closer to the pub.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Pick up the sustrans route on the southern exit of Trawsfynydd and you can ride into Coed-y-Brenin offroad picking up “The Beginning of the End” descent. The views on the old romain road are spectacular. Follow Dave Buchanan’s WC2C route basically…

gee
    Free Member

Basic, clean, warm ish, cheap, bike friendly, somewhere to wash bikes etc…

GB

asterix
    Free Member

Great, thanks all. We’ll giveit a go.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

There’s a great pub on site that does a fantastic Sunday carvery

fluffykittens
    Free Member

Stayed in one of the cabins for the Coed y Brenin enduro a couple of weeks ago, and it was fine. (Actually, as it was my first enduro, I thought it was bloody great compared to camping!)

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’ve stayed there a few times; a mate has a cabin there.

It’s very pleasant sitting on the verandah after a long ride with a few beers.

Cabins are small and basic, but not to Bothy standard

therag
    Free Member

The pub own a lovely cottage next to it, opposite the bunk house. Sleeps 11 but perfect for 5-8 people.

cadairviewlodge
    Free Member

Hi Asterix,

We currently manage 18 of the log cabins on the Trawsfynydd Holiday Village as well as the Rhiw Goch Cottage next to the pub.

Over the last 10 years we’ve had many thousand mountain bikers stay with us to ride Coed y Brenin and the surrounding trails. Lots of our guests return regularly so we must be doing something right. Most of the log cabins that we manage are 2 bed roomed sleeping 6 people sharing double beds or 4 people individually. Many of our cabins have a bike wash and somewhere to store bikes. More and more of our cabins now have 32″ flat screen HD TVs and all have DVD players.

So that guests don’t have to miss a moment’s precious riding time we also provide welcome baskets with bread, milk, tea, coffee, butter, biscuits, washing-up liquid, loo rolls and more. We offer a shopping service, an early check-in and a 5pm check-out if required too.

Check out our website for more information Or give me, Sue, a call on 01978 759603 and I’ll be happy to answer your questions.

Hope to see you soon

asterix
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve got lots of pretty good feedback here. I’ll say hello when we visit (I booked some time next week)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We stayed in one a few years back, right on the edge of the site looking out over open fields towards CyB. Stunning. Basic but cheap accommodation. Think theres a way to get to the trails without bombing down (and slogging back up) the main road too.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

im going back in a couple of weeks for the third time .
    different cabin everytime.

they are basic but great for biking trips.
    i would not feel comfortable staying anywhere too clean & posh as id be a cat on a hot tin roof with all the mucky biking gear .

they are clean warm & cosy what more do you need for £200.00

share that with 4 people its camping prices.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d stay at Ty Nant if there’s a big group of you

cadairviewlodge
    Free Member

Thanks Asterix. Are you booked to stay with us (i.e. Cadair View Lodge Ltd) or with Trawsfynydd Holidays? Different companies, different service. We don’t have an office on site but can arrange for you to meet up with our Operations Manager or one of our team so that you can have a look what we offer. Drop me an email.

cadairviewlodge
    Free Member

Thanks Asterix. Are you booked to stay with us (i.e. Cadair View Lodge Ltd) or with Trawsfynydd Holidays? Different companies, different service. We don’t have an office on site but can arrange for you to meet up with our Operations Manager or one of our team so that you can have a look what we offer. Drop me an email.

cadairviewlodge
    Free Member

Should say that that goes for everybody…. if you’d like to have a look at our cabins for real (inside and outside photos of all properties are on the website) arrange an appointment and we’ll show you whatever we have that is empty at that point. Sue

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Trawsfynydd Holiday Village’ is closed to new replies.