Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Travelling worker check-in
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Good morning from Huddersfield. I bet no-one can beat that for an exotic location.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Huddersfield (looks through blinds like Marin Sheen in Apocalypse now)

“Huddersfield.. shit; I’m still only in Huddersfield… Every time I think I’m gonna wake up back on Rishworth moor. When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I’d wake up and there’d be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said “yes” to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back on tmoor. I’m here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer; every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute the Tykes are squatting in tshithouse, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around, the walls moved in a little tighter. ”

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol.. assuming that’s a paraphrase of some film I haven’t seen, rather than an actual film about Huddersfield…

shermer75
    Free Member

[/quote]Lol.. assuming that’s a paraphrase of some film I haven’t seen, rather than an actual film about Huddersfield…

Er….Apocolypse Now?!?

freddyg
    Free Member

<waves> hello from Barrow-In-Furness 😐

Stoner
    Free Member

*limp-wristed regal wave*

…from the delayed 08:48 from Pershore to London Paddington. We’ve been sat at Moreton in Marsh for the last half an hour. Someone has broken the train at Charlbury. My first time back on this line for 3 months – Ive had to come out of retirement 🙁

At least there’s free wifi, so I have you lot and until Edith Bowman turned up 5 minutes ago BBC 6Music. I Shall have to fiddle with TuneIn radio and find someone less annoying. Does Piers Morgan have a morning show anywhere?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Port harcourt nigeria.

Home on thursday though

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Pershore
    Moreton in Marsh
    Charlbury

My goodness, that must be absoultely frightful! I do hope that there aren’t any common folk near you and that the buffet car doesn’t run out of skinny decaf latte!

Stoner
    Free Member

It’s worse than that my old cheese. There is no buffet! I’m gasping for my morning g&t…

And I’m running out of my backlog of More or Less podcasts

totalshell

my kirkholt rochdale trumps nigeria and even cleckhuddersfax..

totalshell

my kirkholt rochdale trumps nigeria and even cleckhuddersfax..

jp-t853

Wolverhampton on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.

That’s only beaten by Hull in Top Trumps

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rather astonishingly, I find myself in That London’s Famous City of London for once.

DC in a couple of weeks, though. Mmmmmm, Thunder Burger in Georgetown….I can hear it calling me already!

Stoner
    Free Member

Am miffed now. Worst delay I’ve had on this line in 7 years now. Going to be at least 2hrs late on a 2hr trip. 🙁

And no complimentary caviar either

dmorts

It used to have the most millionaires per square mile in the UK did Huddersfield….apparently

juanking

Just back from New Orleans and a week in the office then off to Austin for a week. I always find the week long transatlantic trips a killer. Still, managed to get to a few decent jazz clubs in NOLA so not all bad.

boblo
    Free Member

Are the idle and unwashed allowed into this glory fest? Ok, just back from holiday, washed the car (well watched the Albanian’s doing it), collected the pets now gonna cut the grass. Might fiddle with some bikes this PM….

Enjoy Huddersfield!

totalshell

”It used to have the most millionaires per square mile in the UK did Huddersfield.”

and the two richest men in the world once lived in halifax..did, probably no longer..

nedrapier

Swinton, Clifton Junction on Wednesday and Thursday.

cheers_drive

I’ll be checking in from Luton on Wednesday. You can’t get a more A list glamorous location than that!

allthepies
    Free Member

We have a contender….

allthepies
    Free Member

Big napkin deal going down ?

molgrips
    Free Member

It used to have the most millionaires per square mile in the UK did Huddersfield….apparently

When? 1890?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member

Port harcourt nigeria.

Home on thursday though

Pffff!!!
    Benin City 18 days to go

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Just back from New Orleans and a week in the office then off to Austin for a week. I always find the week long transatlantic trips a killer. Still, managed to get to a few decent jazz clubs in NOLA so not all bad.

I was once most unwell following a visit to Pat O’Brien’s on Bourbon Street. Long Haul back to Blighty the morning after was an ‘ordeal’

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

allthepies, I’ll certainly be needing a decent sized napkin at Thunder Burger! 🙂

freddyg
    Free Member

allthepies – Member

We have a contender….

Aaahhhh, so you’ve been too… 😉

Smudger666

I have the joy of driving from fife to Melton Mowbray on Tuesday to attend a team building Thai curry, followed by the sales meeting Wednesday till 2pm, followed by the joy of a drive home Wednesday pm.

I then have a site survey in Shotts on Thursday.

Lucky lucky me 🙂

juanking

piedi di formaggio – Member
    I was once most unwell following a visit to Pat O’Brien’s on Bourbon Street. Long Haul back to Blighty the morning after was an ‘ordeal’

Aye, went to Pat O’s, the Hurricane cocktails made me feel weird and I too had to travel home the following day, what a mess I was in.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My last work trip was back from Hong Kong. Something I ate in the Cathay lounge gave me the trots something rotten. I spent most of the flight sitting on a seat less comfortable than my usual long haul choice.

freeagent
    Free Member

I’ve worked in, and regularly visit a few charming places for work –

Barrow-in-Furness – Shipyard
    Portsmouth – Navy Base
    Scotstoun – Galsgow – Ship yard
    Hebburn – Tyneside – shipyard
    Rosyth – Shipyard
    Hull – Manufacturing
    Halifax – Manufacturing
    frederikshavn – Denmark – Manufacturing

I’d say Barrow was probably the worst town, but the shipyard in Hebburn was horrific – like something out of Mad-max…

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, spent a couple of weeks there. The signs stating “This is a nuclear site, if you hear the nuclear warning alarm collect iodine tablets and go home” were quite sobering 🙂

parkesie
    Free Member

Ill take Huddersfield over Gereshk. Cant wven ride my bike here.

Rscott
    Free Member

Waves back from Huddersfield,I open my eyes to it everday Not exactly luxurious but I’ve lived in worse

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Radio silence from the be-trained Malvernian. One wonders if he ended up having a few too many ready mixed cans of G&T and found himself slumped in the bogs, talking to Ralph on the great white telephone….

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ll have you know I just made it to a pleasant lunch at The Caledonian Club followed by a pint at the Grenadier. I’m now just sitting on my 17:20 carriage waiting to be taken back west to civilization. I have armed myself with two ready mix cans of Gordon & tonic. Barbarism I know, but needs must.

On the other hand, my late train this morning meant I didn’t have a chance to find a small something for Mrs Stoner on our anniversary this week so I shall be dead and buried in a shallow grave by Thursday. Tell them I said something.

tomhoward

Lived in Huddersfield for 20 years 😀

I now will be in Stockport. 4 days a week. For the next 3 months. I live in Harrogate 🙁

mugsys_m8

Was in Ganja this morning now in Baku after a 10 hour clickety clack train ride. Tomorrow I’ll be home near Grenoble. Assuming Turkish Airlines manage it (not a given).

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I had to go to Stoke on Trent for work today – to find there was no work for me to do. 😕

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Travelling worker check-in’ is closed to new replies.