• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by br.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Travelling on aircraft & luggage, WTF!
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Came back from holiday yesterday (flying with Kingfisher from Goa) & at the airport we were behind a couple who were checking in. Kingfisher airlines allowance is 20kg pp (cattle class)& I knew me & the Mrs were just about right on our baggage weight, so this guy in front had 3 cases to check in & the 1st one came up at 49kg! Dunno what the other two were but the check in guy told him he’d have 27,000 rupees to pay (approx £350)He didn’t pay up & him & his companion buggered off looking a bit sheepish. WTF were they thinking?
    Next one that gets me is how much crap people take on board. There’s dippy me with a 24/7 Berghaus rucksak & my Mrs with her git big handbag yet others are hauling all kinds of crap, I mean, have these people never
    travel light & do they have to take the kitchen sink!?
    Or is it just me?

mrmo
    Free Member

can’t be trusting all that foreign food,

brant
    Free Member

I managed to get back from China, in economy with all my shite for a week out there plus:-

Two time trial frames
    Two time trial forks
    Two time trial seatposts
    A pair of sample shoes
    50 prs of carbon handlebar extensions.

All under my 23kg checked baggage and cabin baggage allowance 🙂

Happen there is a hotel in Xiamen, China that has a load of smelly socks and pants left behind in it… But yeah.
    Amazing what some folks take.

I hated leaving behind all the complimentary bathroom gubbins i’d appropriated over the week, but at $60/kg for excess, cheaper to buy at home!

redfordrider
    Free Member

Mrs R and I regularly fly long haul with 80 kg of hold lugguge between us. Carry on is about 9 kg each. Park Tool digital scale is my friend. OK , this includes our bikes + cycling stuff, camera kit, optics etc However, this December was the first time that we had to pay excess luggage charges. Top Tip? Don’t fly Lufthansa.

br
    Free Member

Travel light if going to the Far East, but come back with an extra suitcase full of tailored suits/shirts etc 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Travelling on aircraft & luggage, WTF!’ is closed to new replies.