Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Travel tripod.
  • andy8442
    Free Member

Please could you recommend me a light weight tripod (legs only will do, I have a good head) that can be strapped to a rucksack or bike or fit in a bag for flying. It doesn’t have to go too high, but basically a replacement for my brilliant but limited Gorilla pod.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Manfotto BeFree.

jam-bo

Manfrotto compact as a cheaper option.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

I have a 3 legged thing…
    Get the manfrotto befree

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Heard good things about this range

http://www.mefoto.com/uk/products/roadtrip.aspx

andy8442
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’ll be trawling Fleabay for the MEfoto.

burgatedicky

I’ve got the Sirui one in the link above. Bought it 3 years ago for a trip to Morocco. It’s not as fancy as some but does the job very well. However…it’s small and light with quite thin legs, so does suffer from wind vibration and ‘tripod bounce’ when you’re not using a 5 second delay or a remote release.
    It takes my d810 with f4 lenses, but does struggle a bit with the 70/200 f4 with filters. That is more the ball head though so if you’ve got your own lightweight one it may not be a problem to you.
    I’ve just bought a CF 4 section 055 tripod as my main one, which will be taken everywhere I can, but for a lightweight travel tripod the Sirui is hard to beat despite its drawbacks.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The Sirui has a hook in the centre from which you can hang somethign heavy, like your rucksack, for extra stability.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Travel tripod.’ is closed to new replies.