Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Travel Towel recommendations please
  • montarius
    Free Member

As per title – I need a better solution to the standard cotton towel I use when I commute to work. Takes ages to dry and tends to get smelly quickly as I just have a small locker with no airflow.

Looking for something which dries easily and quickly. Premium product appears to be the Lifeventure towel – Is it worth paying the premium over say the Mountain Warehouse offering?

Cheers

conkerman
    Free Member

Stick with Cotton, the Bugblatter beast can see right through these new fangled ones 🙂

gobuchul
    Free Member

The Lifeventure ones are excellent.

If you’re careful you can dry yourself fully after a shower with a fairly small one.

AlexSimon

I recommend ones with tiny loops. They are much better at drying that last film of moisture off you.
    Mine are from Kathmandu and have been amazing (we’ve used them for 10 years of camping and swimming).

The second row on this page.
    http://www.kathmandu.co.uk/accessories/health/towels.html

I think there are similar ones around though in other shops.

I use a very small one (about 300mm sq) while bivvying, you can wring it out as you dry and it’s almost as easy as a large one.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I bought 5 microfibre towels from mountain warehouse for a holiday last year. We were on a boat for 10 days with plenty of swimming so the towels were used a lot.
    They were really good, dried quickly and packed down very small – I can’t see any point in spending more.

DrJ

I recommend ones with tiny loops

This, and

this. Much better than the ones that feel like you’re drying yourself with a supermarket carrier bag

ransos
    Free Member

+1. It does feel a bit like being wiped with a chamois, but they’re effective and dry quickly.

DezB
    Free Member

Is Lifeventure a “Premium” brand? I got my towel in Halfords, hardly a premium stockist! Does the job though.

montarius
    Free Member

I didn’t say premium brand – I said premium product. When you look at travel towels, that one comes out top in reviews & price.

Thanks for you comments. Im going to take a punt on the Mountain Warehouse offering.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Travel Towel recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.