Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Travel Photography v2 – the Tripod Edition
  • chrissyboy
    Free Member

So, if you were tight for space and going away to Vegas, wanted to take some night landscape pics, had a huge heavy Manfrotto tripod for home use – what would you take with you? Going to take my D3100, short zoom and 50mm prime but I’m really looking for cheap, light tripod recommendations. What do you use?

perchypanther
    Free Member

A stationary object and a Gorilla pod?

midlifecrashes

^This

But also I usually have a stuff sack for my little down jacket or jumper in my bag, you can arrange the camera on that on top of a wall or car roof a lot of the time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cranberry
    Free Member

As above, either an SLR Gorilla Pod or a Manfrotto BeFree, because in the best traditions of STW that’s what I have ( and they are pretty useful ).

cp

Slr gorilla pod is great for this sort of thing – its what I use.

grum
    Free Member

I have whatever the heaviest duty gorilla pod is called which is pretty good but sometimes leaves me wishing I had a full size tripod when I don’t want to shoot fairly low to the ground and there’s nothing available to balance it on. Been considering a MeFoto travel tripod recently.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

A stationary object and a Gorilla pod?

+ another

kiwijohn

+1 for the Manfrotto BeFree. Very compact & light, but still a decent size.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

I really like the look of the BeFree…. It’s just a bit too expensive.

I can’t see a use for it when we’re at home so the Gorilla pod might just get my vote.

Thanks, C.

Cougar

http://www.thepod.ca/ (and a stationary object and a remote shutter release). Because

in the best traditions of STW that’s what I have

nedrapier

Dan Milner’s recommendation was the Ultrapod 2. I’ve just ordered one for myself after giving up hope of finding my old, smaller ultrapod.

nedrapier

And you can always use the camera’s timer if you don’t have a remote shutter release. packs up smaller, too! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Travel Photography v2 – the Tripod Edition’ is closed to new replies.