Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Travel / Medical insurance for young person, a year abroad, any good places?
  • redstripe
    Free Member

One of our kids finishing Uni has some holidays/travelling lined up for 3 months followed by 9 months work/study in China. Needs general travel/medical insurance. Any recommended places to get quotes to cover the year? Cheers

cornholio98
    Free Member

Many years ago I went with insure and go. They were the only company who would don’t for such a long trip. There are many backpacker type insurances you can get.
    Things to check for will be what are the conditions on repatriation if there is a death in the family and do they consider bring you home for a funeral to be the end of it or will they send you back out to where you were.
    Same goes for medical. A lot of companies will just stabilize you then get you to the NHS as soon as possible.
    Mostly I had the insurance for catastrophic injury and for if my flights were cancelled or my bags got lost. Pith the excesses being around 300 quid (at the time) there is a lot you need to be able to cover yourself

michaelbowden

STA. It’s their speciality.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Travel / Medical insurance for young person, a year abroad, any good places?’ is closed to new replies.