Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Travel Insurance for the Alps
  • yoshimi

I’ve looked at a number of insurers and prices all seem pretty reasonable – in the options I’ve been adding in the winter sports. Who can recommend a good insurer that will cover mountain biking, including helicopter extraction etc with no quibble? It would be handy if I could get my bike covered as well as I’ve seen on a few of them that the maximum per single article is £200.

grumm
    Free Member

Think I am going to go with snowcard – you can specify downhill mountain biking, and competitive events (for the Mega). Think it’s about £40 though.

yoshimi

The others ~I’ve looked at are all around £5-10 – which sounds good until it comes time to make a claim.I like the idea of specifying downhill MTB – will check them out.
    Cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    uplink
    Free Member

dogtag or snowcard are the usual suspects

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/ are cheaper & appear to offer similar cover but who knows?

grumm
    Free Member

Looks like the maximum claim for bikes is £500 with snowcard, but my bike is insured with cycleguard anyway.

uplink
    Free Member

None of them AFAIK have a very high single item claim limit

lowey

Danny, will you be submitting your previous footage as part of any insurance application ?

The Evidence

yoshimi

My error now seems clear, I was a little too tentative, much more speed is required!!! Promised Nicola that I wouldn’t be doimng anything daft this year……….. 🙄

grumm
    Free Member

By not doing anything daft you obviously meant making sure you pull up enough when you go off the hut drop again. 😛

nickc

Most insurers don’t regard mountain biking* as a dangerous sport, so despite the rad marketing Snowcard are no better (or worse) than most, but you’re paying a premium for it.

*unless you’re racing, even downhill in the Alps doesn’t bother them…and I phoned a lot when I went out there frequently

grumm
    Free Member

Ok can you recommend one then please nickc? If they don’t regard it as a dangerous sport, do they still cover you for helicopter rescue off a mountain?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Travel Insurance for the Alps’ is closed to new replies.