Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Travel Insurance for Mountain Biking – Recommendations?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Hi All,

Off to California to tackle 10 of the worlds Top 20 single track and need some advice/recommendations on what travel insurance to use? I obviously want to cover my bike for transit/flights etc. as well insuring myself (needed based on my previous record!) – so any suggestions would be greatly received.

Cheers.
    Leon

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Snow card & M&S Home insurance is my prefered choice.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member

Snow card & M&S Home insurance is my prefered choice.

Cheers buddy – I've heard of snow card before so thats a defo quote, but M&S Home Insurance….not come across that before. Cheers.

giantjason
    Free Member

i use Sportscover top up facility.

I already have normal travel insurance and only need to add on MTB cycling.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I use dogtag – cover mountain biking as STD – DH sport cover + we usually get it for a year worldwide and inclused skiing. They payed everything £15,000 + when I rutured my spleen in Canada on my honney moon skiing 2 years ago 😉

ltheisinger
    Free Member

giantjason – Member

i use Sportscover top up facility.

I already have normal travel insurance and only need to add on MTB cycling.
    Hadn't considered doing it this way, so will look into it – cheers.

Foxy®ider – Member

I use dogtag – cover mountain biking as STD – DH sport cover + we usually get it for a year worldwide and inclused skiing. They payed everything £15,000 + when I rutured my spleen in Canada on my honney moon skiing 2 years ago
    Always worth knowing of insurance companies that actually pay up – good recommendation – cheers buddy.

midlifecrashes

Have an annual worldwide policy from Post Office, they have an add-on for MTB, cost a few quid extra but not loads. Fortunately never had to claim, but the policy was easy to sort out.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Always worth knowing of insurance companies that actually pay up – good recommendation – cheers buddy.

It was actualy underwritten and administered all by http://www.europ-assistance.co.uk/ – they were great as sorting stuff out 🙂

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Foxy®ider – Member

It was actualy underwritten and administered all by http://www.europ-assistance.co.uk/ – they were great as sorting stuff out

Called them up – decent quote, thanks.

I am going to keep trying though, so keep the suggestions coming guys!

jedi

dogtag

al_f
    Free Member

Would also recommend Snowcard for you and M&S home insurance for your possessions (they do worldwide cover with their "contents away from home" option).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Travel Insurance for Mountain Biking – Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.