Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Travel Insurance
  • andeh

I’m having a right old time trying to decide who to go with for my Mega trip.

I’ve looked at Dogtag, Snowcard and Insure and Go.

As far as I can tell, there’s bugger all between them in terms of cover EXCEPT(!), Snowcard will cover equipment. Now, I thought this would be a good idea but they are quoting £70 for 10 days, which seems a tad steep.

I have no idea what I’m doing and would like some guidance. Insure and GO have quoted £27, but this doesn’t cover bikes. £40 difference is a lot when you move clothes from one side of a room, to the other, and back again for a living. I am tired and would like someone else to sort it for me. Let me know when you’re done. Ta 😳

Andy

bruneep

£7 a day to cover your possessions, will be cheap if you need to claim, however it will seem dear if you don’t need to claim.

Having known someone who had the mis fortune to have a medical claim off snow card. I would recommend them every time.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Another vote here for SnowCard.

mbl1
    Free Member

Do you have home contents cover? If so it may be cheaper to arrange worldwide all risks on that policy and let the travel insurers worry about the other stuff.

johnnystorm

I just signed up for a week with White Room. They recommended Snow Card. It did work out at £70 for me too, in the context of the trip costs, and of I need airlifting off the hill I’ll forget it soon enough. Besides, you get a natty rubber bracelet. 🙄

andeh

It’s not that I’m considering skipping on insurance all together, it’s that £40 above the cost of Insure&Go, for Snowcard, seems like quite a lot when it only offers equipment protection on top.

If only I could guarantee someone would steal my bike…..hmmmmmm 🙄

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Travel Insurance’ is closed to new replies.