Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Travel adjust forks ?
  • hambl90
    Free Member

Hi all, I’ve been looking for some 2nd hand talas 32 forks but haven’t had any luck as yet, are there any other travel adjust forks out there that I can consider,

Thanks
    Ian

atlaz
    Free Member

Pikes?

z1ppy

Rev’s?

thepurist

Thors?

prezet
    Free Member

Anything u-turn by Rockshox.

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks guys but I forgot to mention I’m not keen on rockshox as I’ve had pikes and revs and have never been happy with the way they sink into their travel meaning you never get the amount of travel you pay for.

Thepurist- I’ll check out the thors , thanks

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Do you mean sag? You’re meant to have some of that, so when the trail falls away from your wheel the forks extend to keep in contact with the ground.

Apologies if you mean something else though

AndyRT
    Free Member

2 step rockshox forks

flyingmonkeycorps

I think he means the way that ~(mainly U-Turn air) RS forks tend to slowly suck down their travel, so full extension actually isn’t.

I_Ache
    Free Member

2 step is better than u-turn IMO but less to go wrong with u-turn (coil) or there is the new Dual position RS forks.

Ive never had a problem with RS forks compressing when they shouldnt.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Oh okay, I’d not heard of that. Sounds poopy

hambl90
    Free Member

flyingmonkeycorps – Member
    I think he means the way that ~(mainly U-Turn air) RS forks tend to slowly suck down their travel, so full extension actually isn’t.

Yeah that’s what I meant,

With regards to the thors is the travel adjustable like the talas or is it more like marzocchis eta lock down system ?

rocketman
    Free Member

Have some lovely U-Turn Recon 327s on the HT. Coil, 20mm axle, no probs despite frequent intense neglect.

hambl90
    Free Member

Hi guys, does the dual position rockshox suffer from suck down like the dual air u-turn do, if they don’t I would consider them ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

never had the suck down thing he describes is it caused by non service and lack of oil?

hambl90
    Free Member

Don’t think so , I had it on new revs and 2nd hand serviced pikes .Think it’s to do with the dual air system , I’ve heard a lot of people have had it happen aswell.

Northwind

I’ve had suckdown but only when running too much negative pressure. They do tend to sit sit just a fraction down from the top of the travel when relaxed, but that doesn’t mean you’re losing effective travel- they sit in the correct place when sagged

What do you want your travel adjust to do? Most of them leave the fork underperforming when shortened. U-turn’s a pain in the bum in some ways but you get a genuinely multi-length fork without any compromisd performance. TALAS etc are fine if you just want a climbing mode but my Revs spend most of their time at 120 or 140 so it’s important that they work properly at all lengths.

hambl90
    Free Member

120-140mm is what I’m after that’s why I asked the question about the dual position revs , they would suit me perfectly as long as they don’t suffer from suck down .

Northwind

OK, but what do you actually want to do with your 120-140, is the question?

Also, worth noting that dual position drops you 30mm so you won’t get 120-140- as far as I’ve heard that’s not tunable

hambl90
    Free Member

120 for climbs 140 for descents Don’t need anything in between .

Northwind

OK, cool. Well if you’re only intending to use the 120mm as a climbing mode, then you don’t need to be too choosy, they’ll all do that- it doesn’t matter so much that most don’t work all that well at the shorter setting.

continuity
    Free Member

Then you won’t like 32 talas forks. Rarely get 100% full travel, even after a full service.

footflaps

Talas 140s are half price in Merlin right now (or were last week). Have seen quite a few sets go for £250 ish on Ebay over the last few weeks (I got mine from Merlin in the end).

nuke

Talas 140s are half price in Merlin right now

…only with 1.5″ steerers 🙁

footflaps

They must have sold out of the 1.125 ones then, unlucky.

Keep watching Ebay – seem to be a lot out there.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Travel adjust forks ?’ is closed to new replies.