Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • trapped nerve
  • yunki
    Free Member

On holiday in Portugal last week messing around with the kids in the pool and I felt a little twinge in my shoulder.. nothing too bad but by the evening it was agony..

I’ve smashed meself to pieces over the years in one way and another but this pain was something else entirely..

Cue many visits to the pharmacy for increasingly potent pain relief, until eventually I ended up in the medical centre a couple of days later on a drip getting IV Tramadol which took the edge off..
    The doctor suspected a torn rotator cuff..

With no improvement since returning to the UK I visited my GP who reckons it’s more likely to be a trapped nerve.. I’m taking 100mg Tramadol every four hours and the pain is under control but I thought trapped nerves were an old wives tale

Does anyone have any experience of this.. What are the healing times?
    Will it ‘free’ itself?
    Is there anything I can do to speed up recovery?

Cougar

Change hands?

If it’s any consolation, mine started randomly hurting a couple of days ago too. Feels like a 6″ nail has been driven down through the top of my shoulder.

jamiep
    Free Member

I get them periodically in shoulder or lower back. Once with shoulder and once with back had to call 999 to move me off the floor (with morphine and diazepam, which was nice).

Not found anything to aid recovery other than time and muscle relaxant drugs to ease the pressure – prescription strength hydrocodine and then later normal ibuprofen.

Once recovered, core strength pilates

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘trapped nerve’ is closed to new replies.