Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Transporting Carbon Bike
  • DaveE

Please share tips for transporting a carbon fatbike on tow bar mounted carrier, Concerns with clamping top tube.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t over clamp, use a rag to go under the clamp.

andyl
    Free Member

helitape where the clamp goes, no need to worry about scratching the frame then. Don’t overclamp. Is it model with a wheel tray?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DaveE

Yes has wheel supports

Northwind

Not quite the same but ChrisL’s mojo and my old C456 both spent a bunch of time in thule roof racks with frame clamps, I think we both dealt with the issue by just assuming it’s all fine, mine had helitape where it clamps but then so do my metal bikes, he probably does too

jam-bo

what you need is a T5…

legend
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

what you need is a T5…

yup, but be one of those weird types that still puts the bike on the back/roof

MoreCashThanDash

Been clamping carbon bikes on roof carriers for years and I’ve not died yet. Chamois round the clamping to protect it a bit from scratches

Tracey

We clamp four on ours all by the top tube, two clamps on Kevins to get the fourth bike on, Thule rack. Just hand tight on the tighteners. even on long journeys to the Alps not had a problem and they have never come loose. Abigales is the only one with helitape and the clamps seem to scrunch it up

pirahna
    Free Member

As above, I’ve been clamping carbon road and mountain bikes for years. I use a neoprene beer cosy I cut in half between the clamp and the frame.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Transporting Carbon Bike’ is closed to new replies.