Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Transporting a fridge in a van
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

I need to collect a fridge in a van. It's a big fridge and whilst it's a big van, it's not tall enough inside to accomodate the fridge stood upright.

I seem to remember someone telling me once that it's not a great idea to lie a fridge down. Is this right?
    I don't want to knacker it. It's quite expensive.

wwaswas

the mainthing is to not swiotch it on for a few hours after you put it in place to let the coolant settle.

the main problem with laying a fridge down is that the back is fragile because of the cooling vanes and the front and sides due to the finish.

terrahawk
    Free Member

right. So I don't need to wait for a period of time after unplugging it to put it in the van then, just leave it for a day or so after getting it home?

I'll put some blankets down in the van (which is plywood lined) to protect the side of it.

Cheers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yup, its not a whole day you need to leave it IIRC, but 24 hours cant do any harm.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes as above just wait before switching it on

RustyMac

Your plan is spot on, i transported my last frige freezer in the back of my car, when i got it into my flat i let it stand overnight and it was fine, it gives you a great oppertunity to get it good and clean inside while you wait for the coolant to settle. and a good excuse to head to the local pub for a nice cold pint in the evening.

cheers

Rusty Mac

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Transporting a fridge in a van’ is closed to new replies.