Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • TransPennine Way – Liverpool to Manchester
  • trickpsyclist
    Free Member

Is this well marked/easy to follow or would you need the specific map.

Also, is it tarmac or gravel (suitable for road bike)

cheers

Garry_Lager

I rode this from Formby to Altrincham a while back on my CX bike and there are no problems with route finding from Liverpool onwards. The surface is largely spot on, although it was very muddy on the bridleway past the m6 into Manchester when I did it.

I met up with a guy on here, johnclimber, who showed me the route from the Cheshire lines into Liverpool, which was more involved – Great guy to ride with.

trickpsyclist
    Free Member

thanks for that.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Mixed surfaces, lots of it follows disused railway lines. The bit between Lymm and Broadheath(Altrincham) has been resurfaced (it was a quagmire last year) The signage from Lymm to Streford through to Chorlton is fine (gets rather iffy round Stockport but I guess you’re not going that far)

project
    Free Member

From liverpool either follow route 56 sustrans route signs, or catch the mersey rail to hunts cross, turn left out of station and then follow road left, until a pelican crossing, cross here and you should pick up blue or brown signs marked Trans pennine trail, route 62, or from albert dock, past the vat hq, then continue to otterspool prom to end and keep a look out for blur route 62 signs, nice ride, mostly off road, A down loadable map is available from
    http://WWW.TRANSPENNINETRAIL.ORG.UK
    its narrow along the ship canal in warrington, there are also two bike shops directly on the trail.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘TransPennine Way – Liverpool to Manchester’ is closed to new replies.