Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Transition Trans Am
  • Jimbikes
    Free Member

I am liking the look of these, anyone out there got one?

tails
    Free Member

There not easy to get in the UK as the distro is crap. They look the part but they are quite heavy in comparison to other steel bikes.

Have you seen this review

18bikes

we've just set up with surf sales (dist, who I'd not say were crap)

some sizes/colours in stock with them, we're waiting on some of the new colours – email for more details? I can't remember it all off the top of my head!

flyingfox
    Free Member

We're a Transition dealer and Surf Sales have been great so far (well, the guy we deal with, who knows the bike market is excellent anyhow). We have done really well with our Coverts so far and am shocked at the quality and rideability of them.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Is that shocked in a good way or a bad way ?

Rickos
    Free Member

Tails – what evidence do you have that makes you say the distributor is crap?

18bikes

there has been word of "issues" with previous distributors.

Jimbikes
    Free Member

The reason for my post is that I am thinking about getting one but not sure about the rear dropout arrangement as I want to run gears, read some reviews on the net about having to adjust the brakes on removing the rear wheel because of the adaptor thing which sounds like a ball ache , anyone know more?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I was very interested in trying one about 18 months ago, just after they got released. I got in touch with the distributor who WAS NOT Surf Sales and WAS definitely crap. After a little unsuccessful communication and worried about horror stories I had heard regarding the distributor from a friend who had been left hanging for months on the delivery of his dirtbag, I decided it was nigh on impossible to test ride before buying and gave up the idea.

I forget the name of the distributor – Ride something or other?

flyingfox
    Free Member

Shocked in a very positive way!!!

tails
    Free Member

Tails – what evidence do you have that makes you say the distributor is crap?

Jesus you can't say anything on this forum without some keyboard jockey asking you to produce a government report.

Essentially anyone who I know who has contacted the distro has not heard back or the reply has been very slow. Transition themselves though are very prompt in replying.

Personally I'd buy cotic for the money.

Rickos
    Free Member

I only ask as I think you're confusing the current distributor with a previous one, so calm down.

Jimbikes
    Free Member

So does anyone ride one or know anyone who rides one or have actual info on the bike?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Transition Trans Am’ is closed to new replies.