Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Transition Towns – anyone had any realworld experience of them?
  • aP
    Free Member

I've only recently come across the concept, anyone got any experiences of the concept?
    wiki
    Sit down man, you're a bloody tragedy

Smee
    Free Member

Wishy washy tree and fluffy bunny hugging bullshit. Probably.

aP
    Free Member

OK, seems reasonable.

slugwash
    Free Member

I work in Transition Town Totnes, but have spent some time in Transition Town Lewes in recent weeks.
    IMO, Lewes is more organised with a better profile within the town. Without looking too hard I came across plenty of information telling the public what was going on.

In Totnes, by contrast, I occasionally see the odd scrappy bit of A4 pinned to a notice board with info regarding the local Transition network, or I see the odd few cms of copy in the local rag. But I think they could try a bit harder to get their message across.

Also, Lewes must be more affluent 'cos they have Lewes 5, 10 & 20 pound notes. The Totnes denomonation is only a lowly 1 quid.

I might pass my findings onto someone connected with the Totnes Transistion Town commitee next time I see them, but I probably won't bother 'cos people always shoot the messenger.

Right, I'm off to the supermarket with my debit card 'cos all the local shops that take the alternative currency are now closed 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Transition Towns – anyone had any realworld experience of them?’ is closed to new replies.