• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by daveh.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Transition Scout forks
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’m looking to get a Transition Scout frame and build it up with my own selected parts, most of it is fine except the forks. The complete builds use a 140mm pike but that doesn’t come in 140mm aftermarket. Nor does the 36, I don’t want the deville. What else is there?
    Yes I’m looking at the harder hitting forks as that’s the direction I want to go.

How much do you think a 150 pike will affect the bikes feel? I know it will slacken head angle/raise BB but can’t be much?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I thought I read somewhere that Fox are bringing out a 140mm 36 float for 650b.

http://www.ridefox.com/product.php?m=bike&t=forks&p=36200&ref=filter

Here it is

Stevet1
    Free Member

Manitou mattoc can be lowered internally to 140mm using supplied spacers.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Revelations?

http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-revelation-rct3-solo-air-forks-275-67713.html

Oh, and if your after a Large frame, they seem to be pretty thin off the ground…

I’m hoping to decide thus weekend on wether to get a Scout or a Solo.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Reading a review of the mega tr recently in MBUK it rated the revelation pretty harshly as it was a bit weedy so I’m staying away from that.

No sign of the Fox 36 in the UK yet or pricing…
    Although someone mentioned on here that it has the same a2c as the pike 150?

I’m hoping for a medium frame, dunno what stock levels are like for that one

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I’m looking very closely at the Scouts at the moment. Due to the wheel size change it looks as if it will be my first ‘off the peg’ MTB purchase since my 1997 MuniMula.

darrenspink
    Free Member

+ or – 10mm is fine according to transition.

150 would give it just an extra .5 slacker head angle

bigjim

just get a shorter air shaft for the Pike or cut the existing one down by 10mm. I just used a hacksaw and some careful filing but Loco on here or a machine shop will do it for you properly/.

survivor

My older fox 36 can be lowered with spacers under the air shaft. Got mine down to 140mm. Can the newer ones do the same?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Changing the travel on the Pike is cheap and straightforward.

How to change the travel on a RockShox Solo Air fork (VIDEO)

bungalistic
    Free Member

If you order direct from Fisher (or shop who has account with them) you can probably get the 650b Pike in 140mm (they obviously have one if complete builds come with them)

You could try the x-fusion sweep they can be lowered to 140mm

jairaj

Get a 150mm Pike and change the travel. I think the 140mm air shafts are available now, if not you can machine down your current air shaft to the required length.

Or if the budget allows get you self a set of Manitou Mattock forks. I’ve only ridden on my new forks a few times and still getting the setup right but they feel amazing. Much better than the RS Rev RCT3 I was using before.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

new 36s can be dropped v easily – they’ve 50mm worth of dropping possible IIRC

if you’ve got the cash for the 36, i’d go for that. the pike is really really good, but the 36 is stiffer and a bit better – more adjustable though so it’s worth reading up on suspension set up to get it just right. the Scout is a flipping amazing bike… one of the best iv’e ridden in a long time.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

If you order direct from Fisher (or shop who has account with them) you can probably get the 650b Pike in 140mm (they obviously have one if complete builds come with them)

The 140mm is OEM only, so he would not be able to order through an LBS or Fisher. The only option would be to change travel on another model, or get lucky and find someone selling off some OEM 140s.

Gotama
    Free Member

Recommend what you’ve just bought….MRP Stage. Piece of piddle to change the travel if required.

fathomer

Lowering Pikes is pretty easy, I’d never opened a set of forks till I did mine and they’ve not exploded yet!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Marzocchi 350 can be converted from 160 to 150 or 140 with spacers provided.

beer247
    Free Member

Running my Scout with Xfusion Sweeps dropped to 140mm. TF lowered them from 160mm.

As mentioned above you can lower pretty much every “enduro” fork on the market at the moment!

TF charged me £50 for the travel reduction (plus you get a lower lube at the same time!)

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If you buy x fusion from J-Tech you can get them tuned and dropped for almost nothing I think he actually told me it would be free.

chiefgrooveguru

If it’s warrantied to 150mm then I’d try a Pike at that length – the Scout has a very low BB and isn’t hugely slack so gaining 4mm of height and losing 1/2 degree of steepness seems like a good thing to me.

daveh
    Free Member

Xfusion have a bladder based damper due soon.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Transition Scout forks’ is closed to new replies.