Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • transition patrol vs gt sanction
  • craighill
    Free Member

In the market for a new frame, narrowed it down to either the patrol or gt sanction, long shot but has anybody ridden both? Cannot find anywhere local in Yorkshire for a demo.

I am based towards descending rather than climbing,but I need it to not be a dog on the uphills. From reviews it seems the patrol, although more descending biased, will be a better allrounder than the gt, which seems to be all out dh focused, but still able to pedal to the top.

Any info opinions etc?

julians
    Free Member

I looked at the GT sanction when I was working out what my next bike would be, I didnt get as far as test riding it, so cant offer any hands on experience, but the ultimate reason why I discounted it from my short list is because on the GT website its listed in the ‘gravity’ section with their downhill bike.

My reasoning being that if GT themselves label it as a gravity bike, then with the best will in the world its probably not going to be especially good at going uphill. Now that could be an incorrect conclusion (I didnt ride it so dont know), but thats what my thought process was.

craighill
    Free Member

I think I’m inclined to agree with you, the sanction is a race bike designed for enduro races, so 95% downhill, I am steering towards the patrol, if I can get one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘transition patrol vs gt sanction’ is closed to new replies.