Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Transition Patrol – Banshee Spitfire
  • scunny
    Free Member

Been trying to decide between both for a week or so now. The Banshee runs a little longer in large than the Patrol, but not by too much. First hand opinions on either would be much appreciated.

AlexSimon

My first thought is that the Scout might actually be closer to the Spitfire than the Patrol.
    I really enjoyed my time on a Spitfire and it was 1st on my list to buy until it went out of stock with no due-date last summer.
    The Scout would definitely be on my ‘must ride’ list if I were still looking now.

Sancho
    Free Member

ive just built up our first Scout and Patrol and I think they look the business after a quick car park spin, they feel better than the old Covert.
    I am not a fan of the banshees purely on looks, i know they are good, but I am really happy Transition are now running a horst link.

Will be riding them soon,
    good thing about Transition is you can get a killer deal on marzocchis to go with them

chiefgrooveguru

My first thought is that the Scout might actually be closer to the Spitfire than the Patrol.

The Scout is shorter and lower and steeper, whilst the Patrol is closer in length and height and only a little slacker than the Spitfire. Patrol has 15mm more travel at the back, same at the front. Scout has 15mm less at the back, 20mm less at the front. Spitfire a slightly more efficient pedaller than either but they’re all very good for their amount of travel. They all have a nice amount of linkage progression though the Spitfire ramps up more (and soaks up the bumps better under pedalling as you push through the travel). On paper I think Transition have nailed it with these new designs and it says a lot for the Spitfire that it matches up!

When I bought my Spitfire these Transitions weren’t out – but if I had to buy now I’d still get the Spitfire. It’s the adjustable geometry that tips the balance – I ran it neutral (66.2 deg HA) for most of last year locally, but dropped it to slack (65.7 deg, 6mm lower BB) for uplift days etc. Surprisingly big difference! The last month or two I’ve been back on the hardtail in the mud noticed how I can chuck it about on our local single track because it’s taller and steeper, so I’m going to try the Spitfire in steep mode (66.7 deg HA, 6mm higher BB) when the mud diminishes. I suspect that’ll work really well on our twisty pedally trails and make it feel like an even bigger bike when slackened out for the trips to gnarlier climes.

niksnr
    Free Member

First ride out on my Spittie today. One thing I would say is even though it has a longer wheelbase than my old Meta SX, it has shorter chain stays so front wheel is surprisingly easy to lift. I love it btw but I would say that!

scunny
    Free Member

Anyone know if the 2015 Spitfire has reverb stealth routing?

chiefgrooveguru

Anyone know if the 2015 Spitfire has reverb stealth routing?

Yes, my 2014 has too!

emmodd
    Free Member

ve just built up our first Scout and Patrol and I think they look the business after a quick car park spin, they feel better than the old Covert.
    I am not a fan of the banshees purely on looks, i know they are good, but I am really happy Transition are now running a horst link.
    Will be riding them soon,
    good thing about Transition is you can get a killer deal on marzocchis to go with them

Where are the desks on Marzocchi forks?

emmodd
    Free Member

*deals

teethgrinder

So – Spitfire with the 27.5 drop-outs – would there be much issue in running 26″ wheels. Looking at a frame only and transferring parts over – wheels are Hope ProII/Flow with a Smorgasbord on the back.

Sancho
    Free Member

All Transition dealers are being offered a discount on marzocchi if you want to switch from Rockshox.

if you are looking at a new frame fork or a full build.

emmodd
    Free Member

Do many of them do frame/fork bundles? I’ve only really seen full build our frame only

andyecc
    Free Member

Pedals in Edinburgh do a discount on a frame, fork, wheels bundle. Or at least they did when I got my Bandit 27.5. I was very impressed with the service and would happily recommend them.
    I do wish people would stop posting up about how good the new Transitions are – I love my Bandit but keep getting tempted by the Scout.

therag
    Free Member

Just sold a bandit to buy either a patrol or a nomad. Decisions uh

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Transition Patrol – Banshee Spitfire’ is closed to new replies.