Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Transition "Giddyup" susspension.
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Am I missing something or is it just a Horst link?

I really like the look of the Suppressor, not that I’m about to buy one but checking it out got me wondering.

Cheers.

Dave
    Free Member

It’s a joke about Horst sounding like horse, but if you have to explain a joke, oh.

jam-bo

Giddy up horst.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

So to improve the current crop of bikes they have adapted a design from the early 90’s, not that there was ever anything wrong with it, but it’s hardly progress is it 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

The wheels are still round as well. Lazy feckers.

jam-bo

Specialized U.S. patent expired which meant they could use it license free I think.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Didn’t the patent expire in 2013?

chakaping – Member

The wheels are still round as well. Lazy feckers.

Worse still they still use the obsolete size on the Suppressor 😕

darrenspink
    Free Member

Spent a bit of time on a scout yesterday. Muchos lovely trail fun. Wanting one now.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They’ve adapted a design from the early bronze age,not that there was anything wrong with the ‘wheel’ but its hardly progress is it 😯

chiefgrooveguru

I think it was done by these guys: http://www.sottogroup.com/rdp

Horst links can vary a huge amount depending on the exact layout. The linkage analysis of the Giddy Up bikes suggests that they’re very good and should keep the feel of their old designs but with much better pedalling efficiency.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Interesting, like any suspension design there seems to be many variations on the theme, I’m sure it will be great.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Transition "Giddyup" susspension.’ is closed to new replies.