Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Transition Covert – Tell me what you think of them?
  • wavejumper
    Free Member

Looking at the Transition website. Loving the look of the covert. Give me the low down please?

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Meant to be very good though I haven’t ridden one myself.

I was in Nirvana Cycles near Dorking on Sunday & they had an ex-demo frame for sale at £650.

I was told it came with a Hope headset & also a front mech, size was 18″

It’s silver & looked in pretty decent condition to me

It did have a Fox rear shock included but I can’t remember which one (think an RP3 or RP23)

ask1974
    Free Member

I tested one at the end of last year, built up very nicely with X0, Crank Brothers Wheels etc… so around the 30lb mark. I thought it was bloody excellent. Bought something else but it was a very close call. Left with me a very good impression of the brand.

Definitely test one if you can.

jedi

i love my transishun bottlerocket 🙂

Stevelol
    Free Member

I love mine, plenty of threads on them.already if you do a search.

wavejumper
    Free Member

They look sweet. On looks alone I may get one.

ask1974
    Free Member

Sorry for the poor mobile picture…but this is the one I played with for a morning. Up hill was comfy and sedate, nothing outstanding but got me there, down hill was a hoot – like surfing on wheels.

alfabus
    Free Member

They rule. Here is mine:

Dave

chopchop
    Free Member

I received my Covert frame last week and have been impressed so far. Good build quality and finish out of the box and went together with no issues. Kashima RP23 is very good and the back end is nicely stiff with the 142 axle. It pedals very, very well and seems quick enough pointed downwards although Im at half speed at the moment. Im not entirely happy with my choice of 160mm totems on the front so will likely fit some Lyrik or 36’s in the near future. Its light enough to run a single front ring with the totems, a lighter fork will make it better still.

Overall, I think its a better bike than my Remedy. If you want a large size I’d get in touch with some dealers quickly, the black has run out and stock is low on the white and blue apparently.

peaks
    Free Member

Rode one of these a few months back, excellent bike. Weighed in at 31lbs but rode uphill like it was made for heading in that direction. Point it downwards and you can’t fail but be at the front of every run. Absolute hoot! Great value for money too, would recommend.

wrecker
    Free Member

I don’t own one but I have ridden one a couple of times and can happily report that they’re ace!

Sancho
    Free Member

Awesome bike.

MikerBike

Love mine. Had it about a year. Built up with Float 36’s and Reverb post it’s not light (low 30’s) but an absolute blast to ride. Get one 🙂

lardhelliwell
    Free Member

Think my mate might be selling his,size med,in red.Also think he’s selling some 2010 36 talas’ as well.
    I’ll find out for sure if you want to buy 2nd hand?

wavejumper
    Free Member

Think I’d need a small.

Looks like good reports all round.

Might have to invest!

tops5
    Free Member

Here’s mine

it’s ace!

deanfbm
    Free Member

They’re pretty awesome once the shock is sorted. With HV can, just blows straight through the travel.

geo feels good, nippy enough and stable enough, a good balance for an allround bike.

Stiff, jumps well.

Finishing can be somewhat sub-par.

alex222
    Free Member

brown chords come as standard too

MRanger156
    Free Member

Really good bike that feels very well balanced and easy to get on with. The HV shock isn’t great but I fitted a fox volume spacer to mine and now feels much better. As above the paint finish isn’t very robust but you do get some touch up paint!

Think mine is about 32lb with fairly standard kit plus heavy brakes.

jambalaya
    Free Member

cycl1ngjb – Member
    Meant to be very good though I haven’t ridden one myself.

I was in Nirvana Cycles near Dorking on Sunday & they had an ex-demo frame for sale at £650.

I was told it came with a Hope headset & also a front mech, size was 18″

It’s silver & looked in pretty decent condition to me

It did have a Fox rear shock included but I can’t remember which one (think an RP3 or RP23)
    Don’t tell everyone, I’m thinking of buying it !

I rode the demo on a shop ride, really liked it and tried some new stuff I hadn’t ridden on my Reign (ie I felt comfortable and confident enough on it)

Pretty sure I’ll buy a Covert, whether it’s this demo or a new one I’m not sure.

OP why don’t you do the FOD Transition demo day – see the thread posted

toys19
    Free Member

I have a small, it’s awesome, does everything. Buy one, you won’t regret it.

wavejumper
    Free Member

Done. I’ve got one. 2011 new frame, in Black, size small 😀

wavejumper
    Free Member

Now I want to get a reverb on it. Is 125mm drop left hand kit the best option?

wavejumper
    Free Member

Now I want to get a reverb on it. Is 125mm drop left hand kit the best option?

AndyA
    Free Member

I went for a right hand and put the lever on the left under the bar. There’s a fair few run them this way. Better protection during a crash as its out of the way, and generally, shifer wise, youre not using your left hand as often as your right.

toys19
    Free Member

yup right hand mount on left bar, I have moved my left shifter well in board as I use it so rarely, the reverb, on the otherhand, is used more often than I change gear..

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Transition Covert – Tell me what you think of them?’ is closed to new replies.