Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Transition Covert Owners
  • prezet
    Free Member

Other owners of Coverts with the internal routing through the chain stay – has anyone else noticed a groove being cut into the alu from the cable outer where it moves back and forward through the entrance near the mech as the suspension compresses?

Had never noticed it until I have to turn mine upside down to work on it, and noticed a nice little gulley they outer has cut into the frame.

Wondering if there’s anything I can do to avoid it getting worse. For now I’ve stuck some helitape between the affected area and the cable outer.

bungalistic
    Free Member

My Bandit has this rubbing too, it’s only very slight however so not overly worried. Helitape seems a good option though.

ti456neal
    Free Member

My old covert did this, it’s not really an issue as the frames are massively overbuilt.
    Thankfully my carbon covert has slightly different routing or it would be a different matter altogether! 😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes it wears, the paint wore of on mine after 2 days of ridingI don’t really ride mine enough for it to have become a problem witht the metal. If you are worried you can fashion some kind of antI-chafe protector even if it’s just heli-tape as you’ve done. I suspect the ribbed nature of the cable which makes it more abrasive.

swanky
    Free Member

Using something like this in that area can help – a bit like a hard wearing sacrificial add-on that you can still remove if needed:

http://sugru.com/buy/?gclid=CO6cnY-Gpr4CFWbItAodLQsABA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Transition Covert Owners’ is closed to new replies.