Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Transition bottlerocket air shock?
  • MSP

Just got back from the Alps and already considering new bikes, now most of the ridding I do no where near requires a downhill bike, so was thinking of something more versatile, that I could say run 160 forks and an air can on for local riding, and “burly” up with 180 forks and coil shock for the alps and uplift days.

The bottlerocket caught my eye, but the transition website says coil shock only. I can’t make out if that’s just referring to the way its supplied from the factory, or if there is a technical reason that its coil only.

slinkybike
    Free Member

It may be that a large air can will not fit in the linkage’s of the frame.

iain1775
    Free Member

Think Jedi has modded his bottlerocket to take an air shock, he discusses it in one of his blogs but no idea which one, think it required some frame modifications, grinding part of a linkage away or something, didn’t sound too clever for the average joe blogs warranty wise

jedi

I hah the linkage milled so I can use the air shock in long travel setting or the shaft fouls linkage

honourablegeorge

Nomad

MSP

Would an air shock work on short travel settings without modification?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m interested in this too Jedi as I have a DHX RC4 on mine and it’s too much shock for what I ride I think .

jedi

Yea it works in short travel

MSP

Thanks jedi, that’s the bottlerocket straight to the top of the list.

andytherocketeer

Just got back from the Alps and already considering new bikes

ditto (well a week ago)

Guy in the chalet had a bottle rocket – looked sweet, but it’s probably a bit more rad than I was looking for. Tempted by the Covert. Even more tempted by the CF Covert.

Any recommended dealers/distros for Transition bikes in Germany? (or nearby)

jedi

Love mine in 150 with marz 55’s!

nols
    Free Member

What size do you want MSP? If you join the Transition Owners group on Facebook you’ll get 5% off a frame HERE

nols
    Free Member

Jedi can probably steer you in the right direction for the guy who Machined his linkage for him as well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Transition bottlerocket air shock?’ is closed to new replies.